
What I'm craving:
Anything Dairy-
Banana Splits: a whole banana, a few small scoops of ice cream, and a blob of jam. Like everyday.
Cottage cheese with fruit- usually mandarin oranges, because that's what we have.
Strawberry Milk- I know, I usually think its gross. But now I have it all the time.
Anything tomato based-
Tomato soup (with goldfish crackers)
Salsa with chips
Spaghetti
treats-
Raspberry Sorbet
Milano Mint cookies
Mint Oreos with milk
Raisin Bread Toast
Strawberry and cream cheese Toaster Strudel
Lifesavers and Starburst candies

How I'm feeling:
Irritated...but we've already talked about that.
Tired.
Impatient: Shouldn't I feel kicking yet? Is it a boy or girl? When's my ultrasound?
Excited.
Nervous: who's gonna watch the kids while I have the baby? How do they do things in this new Hospital?

Other side effects:
Insomnia: its been taking me two or three hours to get to sleep!
Sick to my stomach if I wait to long to eat.
Scatterbrain/Lack of focus: I keep making mental lists of things to do, then I don't do any of it. (teach Josh colors and shapes, teach Elora to write her name better, sew stuff with my new sewing machine, journal, update blog, do the dishes, library, organize computer files, take maternity pics (check), etc.)

Overall: not too bad! Elora says we can now name the baby Rhiannon or Toby (she just watched Labyrinth) and she still talks about "when we get my sister out of your tummy" every day.
12 comments:
Cute belly! Makes me miss being pregnant. Just a little bit. :p
Ooooh....you look so pretty!
You do look great. I think all pregnant people, myself excluded, look wonderful. Your hair is getting longer. Are you growing it out?
Such a lovely post. Beautiful portraits!!!
Re: "Nervous. What to do with kids..." This line totally made me laugh, because my third guy decided to arrive BEFORE my parents came to take care of my olders (I TOLD my doc, but she didn't take me seriously!), so our kiddos had to come to the hospital with us in the middle of the night. (we had just moved and didn't know anybody local). oy!
You look wonderful. And I love hearing what pregnant people crave, for some reason it is just intriguing!
Now I want to watch Labyrinth!
doreen-thanks..btw, your portraits are also on my list!
kiera-thanks..yeah, they turned out pretty good.
missy-thanks, I guess I am for now. I've grown it out three times now and then cut it up past my jaw line. The last two times I gave it to locks of love; if I last that long I might do it again.
skeller-ahh! That would be so stressful (at least for some of us).My mom lives six hours away, and since she's a teacher she shouldn't be working when the baby is due. I'm hoping to have it at a good time of day so the neighbors don't have to watch them too long before she can get here. My kids are so little, I worry about leaving them with anyone overnight. (Elora had a regular babysitter because I worked part-time, and she was totally fine.)
Jill-ha, I think they have it cheap at Wal-mart.
Cute belly!! I always craved tomatoes!
You look great! I'm glad you posted pictures of yourself pregnant because I may not get up there to see you while you're pregnant. I'm also glad you posted about how you're feeling, what food you're craving, etc, because it's interesting and helps us know how you're doing.
tirzah- Yeah, I think I remember you saying that on your blog! I never have before this pregnancy..I used to crave McD's hamburgers and McFlurries...now that sounds gross!
julie-thanks- yeah, its weird to think you guys have never seen me pregnant. I had fun taking "artistic" pictures, I didn't ever do it the last two times!
Cute preg bump! I love how pregnant woman look and wish more would embrace their growing tummies.
Alicia-thanks! Yeah, I've never had an issue with being pregnant,and find it odd how many women are embarased or concerned with their weight at that time.
Beautiful post and pictures! Are those all self-portraits?
p.s. Now strawberry milk sounds good to me, too!
Post a Comment