Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Elora's wise quotes of the month



While running down the hall with Joshua:
"Watch out or the Holy Ghosts will get you!" (I guess we need to clarify a few things.)

As I was putting her to bed after two nights in a row of staying up too late:
"I want to sleep, but my body wants to exercise!"

When I was talking seriously to her and trying to get her to take a nap, she interrupted with:
"Mom, that booger in your nose looks like a hotdog."

Joshua was crying in his crib. Elora noted wisely, " He's crying because he wants me to be a boy baby but I'm a big sister." (Is she projecting her own feelings here?)

I have a necklace with a woman in a long flowing dress. Upon viewing it, Elora observed, "Maybe she needs a man to dance with. She needs someone to dance with, but she can't find a man!" (We need to stop reading those stories in her Disney Princess book.)

One of her classic baby sister comments: "When we get my baby sister out of your tummy, she will probably wipe her boogers on the wall by the bassinet." (can you tell what Elora's been in trouble for doing lately?)

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Haha, that last one cracked me up! Glad my boys aren't the only ones who like putting their boogers on the wall... I think they've outgrown that by now. Kaylee's usually asleep the second her head hits the pillow, so she doesn't have time to create wall art like that (she no longer naps). :p

Kiera said...

Gorgeous photo of your little beauty. How are you feeling lately? Pregnancy all well so far? I also love your new blog header.

Kara said...

Oh, that one about your boogers really got me! lol! Kids love pointing out those kind of details, don't they?

Mellissa said...

Oh, man! She is too funny. I'm afraid if she and Riley got together they might set the world on fire. Scary!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, my, these are so funny. Kids are so honest that sometimes your eyes widen so much you fear they will fall out of your head.

tearese said...

doreen- yes, I remember my brothers doing the snot thing too. I hope she outgrows it soon!
kiera-thanks! I'm feeling fine, just winded and tired.
kara-Ugh, I know.
missy- I believe it..I hate to see what she and Joshua will get up to in a few years!
Lynne-I'm sure you've had plenty of experience in it!

KieraAnne said...

Thats pretty funny...that Holy Ghosts comment is kind of like that Michael Jackson game we used to play...in that it's totally random, not that the Holy Ghost is like Michael Jackson. ;) That booger one at the end was funny...and Elora thinking the girl on your necklace needs a man.

Anonymous said...

These are so funny! I laugh out loud when I read them.

Thanks for sharing. :D

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I love it!

tearese said...

kieraanne- yeah, I thought you might think it was like that m.j. game, ha.

sarah- I'm glad you liked it, she can be pretty funny!

tirzah-thanks!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, those are awesome!! (And what a beautiful picture).

tearese said...

thanks HEidi.