After I took this video,I did find two more bowls covered with oil, that he had been frying in daddy's pan of oil (which mommy thinks is disgusting, but thats another story). At least he didn't really have the stove on! Ugh.
Oh, and if you missed it, this was Joshie's exciting adventure last week:

Doesn't he look pretty in mommy's lipstick? He's not wearing a shirt because we had to change it...it too was all covered with lipstick. Later that day, he painted his lips with eyeshadow. Both times, I must say, Elora was an accomplice. She knew better than to put it on herself, but she held the tools for him while he applied it to his face. (He also enjoys uncapping daddy's deodorant and wiping it on his tummy and neck. He does like to be fresh and clean!)
PS in a happy side note...Josh has been asking to go #2 on the potty for a few weeks now! He will say, "Poop. Potty, potty!" Then we run to the potty and he actually goes! We've been letting him pee after every diaper change (and he really does it!) for a month now, but the poop thing was his idea. Big boy!
9 comments:
His potty triumph is awesome!
I wish Isabelle would do something on the potty...anything really. He looks like a pretty good cook! ;)
I'm just curious - what is Joseph's pot of oil? Is it leftover bacon grease that he uses? I know people that do that. Something similar?
Cute video! And cute boy! I bet you're thrilled that he's progressing in his potty training. I was when I was a nanny and the youngest got to that stage. I hate changing diapers! Yeah for Joshua! Yeah for you!
tirzah- thanks. I'm not saying he's even close to potty trained, I'm sure it'll be many months before he stops wetting his diapers thoroughly! I just heard the #2 thing was an issue for most boys, so I was suprised.
kiera-eh. See above. He's totally a good cook.
julie- sort of like that- at least three or four times a week he thinks he needs to fry something for his lunch to make it taste better: burritos, shrimp, corndogs, etc. To stop wasting oil, he keeps a small pan of it on the stove that he changes periodically. At least its Canola Oil, so its not COMPLETEly horrible for him.
I had no intention of training Josh this early, it just sort of happened. I'm sure its all out the window when the baby is born! (Thats what happened with Elora..)
What a little stinker. You're so much nicer than I am, because I would have freaked out and forgotten to take a picture or a video. That lipstick color looks good on him. Good luck with the potty training - that's the best and most effective when they initiate it.
Oh, and I love your new drawing on your blog. It sure makes Joshua look like your brother.
Goodness, what happened to that little baby??? He's getting to be such a big boy!
That's amazing! Way to go on the potty training.
My nephew is very curious when I do my hair in the bathroom. I could totally see him getting into stuff.
missy- Yeah, my initial reaction wasn't caught on tape...I decided to do the video when I was about to clean it up. If it had been Elora, I would have been livid!
Yes, I've always thought he looked like my brother.
doreen-no kidding!
melanie-eh, he probably won't really be potty trained for like a year, but I guess its a good start!
cardine-definitely..I'm suprised Elora never did it too.
Post a Comment