Yesterday, our neighbor's five year old little boy was struck by a car and killed just up our street at about 5:30 in the evening. He is the second of four children in the family. Several of the other neighborhood kids were nearby and witnessed the tragic event.
We were inside having dinner and family time when it happened. We noticed the police cars outside a while after the accident, but we assumed it was just a fender bender until someone came to our door and told us about it several hours later.
I'm sure it was just an accident, but several times a day we see cars zooming into our cul-de-sac to make u-turns, and they rarely slow down or look for children, despite all the signs and kids running around. It could very easily have been any of the other kids who are always outside playing. Even Elora and Josh have occasionally sneaked out for a few minutes before I notice, or have strayed away from me when we're all out playing together on our playground.
I don't know of any family blog this family might have, but I'm sure the family and others involved would appreciate any prayers or thoughts sent in their direction! And please, watch out for kids while you're driving.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm sick to my stomach right now. Someone we knew? (You can email me if you don't want to post it here) To think of all the times my kids were out there running around and riding their bikes. That's tragic. :o(
I'm so sorry for everyone involved. Kids just don't understand and some drivers don't look carefully enough.
Post a Comment