Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nevermind...that's a re-do!

Now that the new baby has been born, we've been thinking about getting a new family picture. The one on our wall is from October 2007, when Joshua was only four months old!

I've been waiting for a good evening to get it done, but we keep eating dinner too late, or have errands to run, or everyone is really really grumpy because no one takes naps anymore. So it hasn't been happening.

On Sunday afternoon, we had some time and everyone was in a relatively good mood. The sky was cloudy and foreboding, but we decided to get everyone dressed in matching colors anyway, and I even combed Elora's hair, all in the hopes that it wasn't really going to rain. By the time we were ready, the sky was even more foreboding, but our house was hot and humid so we went out anyway, figuring we might just walk around even if we didn't get any pictures.

We went up on the college campus to an area we had previously chosen. At that point, the wind had really picked up and there were some scattered drops falling here and there. Josh was starting to get nervous and clingy- ever since that ill fated beach day, he's been terrified of the rain and wind! Seriously, we'll be out on the playground and if a particularly strong gust of wind goes by he'll start whimpering and insist that we go inside.

Anyway.

We decided to take one or two pictures then head home. This was the first one:


Hmm. Well, at least Elora looks very nice! I'd been talking to her about smiling for real when I took pictures, and she was following my advice very well. Too bad she's right in front of my face, my hair is blowing stupid, Joseph has a fake smile, and Joshua looks like an ant just bit him. Jonah looks cute, but we forgot to take off the blanket. Its always hard to tell if someone is going to be in my way if I'm running back and forth from the tri-pod. Lets try one more time, shall we?

Hahahah! I think this photo is hillarious. Some of you have seen it on facebook...I posted it because I thought it was sooooo funny, and I found it odd that everyone kept saying how nice or cute it was. I guess it does have its charm. But look at Josh's face! hahaha!

You can't tell from the picture, but it started raining at that point, and obviously from my hair, it was still very windy! After this we wisely packed up and went home before my camera got ruined and before Joshua had permanent issues (as if he doesn't already).

So, we'll probably be going out again sometime when the weather is a little nicer, but for now this is our most current family picture. Lovely, isn't it?

7 comments:

KieraAnne said...

That's awesome. You should crop it to be just Josh and then blow it up poster size and hang it on the wall. That would be funny. ;)

Mellissa said...

I do think the second photo has it's charm. It's how families really are - crazy! Good luck with the next shoot.

Ruth said...

Very adorable! You did a wonderful job!

Doreen said...

I must have missed you posted it on facebook. I love the second pic. You should totally put it on your wall! Just for the fun of it. :p

julie said...

That's an awesome post! I totally laughed when I saw Josh's face in the second photo. I love that you can look at these pictures and find them funny instead of being annoyed that they didn't turn out perfect. I'm really glad you shared them with us!

You look really good, by the way!

tearese said...

kiera- yeah. Uh huh.

missy-That is true!

ruth-thanks

doreen-it is kind of fun, isn't it? I'll at least do a 4x6 for our photo album for posterity.

julie- I'm glad you got a kick out of it. It usually takes at least 30 shots before we get a good family pic, so I wasn't that disappointed.

Alycia said...

I kind of like both of them. :) It's fun to see the way families interact, even when it isn't perfect. ;) I also like your hair blowing in the wind, it kind of makes you look like a model!