Friday, August 21, 2009

One Month

Can you believe this little guy is already one month old? Look how big he is! His hair is lighter, his eyes are more alert, and he's even got some personality!




This is his favorite position, laying on his tummy on the floor. Which is weird, because his siblings hated being on their stomachs. He may have even rolled over once already...the jury is still out on whether his sister helped him or not, but I've seen him get pretty close myself. Elora and Josh never really rolled at all, until they were already crawling.




He hasn't smiled yet (unlike Elora who laughed at 3 weeks), and he's certainly not the happy-go-lucky baby his older brother was...





But I'm not sure if he is more or less grumpy than his big sister was as a baby. He definitely has painful gas issues, and has a poopy diaper almost every hour of the day! But we still like him.



We're working on a nickname still. Grandpa calls him August Rush, Daddy sometimes calls him Squeaker.




We've used Scrunchy, Jo-jo, Jo-G, and Bo-be (don't ask me, I don't know where it came from.)



But Jonee just doesn't work...all it does is make me think of "Joany Loves Chachee". Oh, that's a good one! Here's to our little one month old Chachee. We love you buddy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chachee is so snuggley and cute!

andrea said...

he is very cute! I don't know what nickname to give. Isabelle got her's when she was born. hers is isabubba (that's because she was over 9lbs)
keoki got yoki(isabelle called him that)
have fun with it!

Ruth said...

He is adorable! My third child is a boy is more laid back than his older siblings.

KieraAnne said...

What a big boy! I've noticed all of your kids have redish eyelids when they're little, do you think that's just cuz they've got your pale complexion? Mine did the first day after they were born but then it went away. His hair does look lighter and he seems much bigger already. That's wierd since I haven't even had mine yet. James really likes the pictures of him. :)

Mellissa said...

Wow. That month did go by fast! Good luck with the nickname.

julie said...

No, I can't believe it's already been a month! August has totally flown by.

What a cutie, especially that last picture! I like the nickname Chachee lots better than Jonee. :)

Kimber said...

Darling baby boy! I am not a bit one sided. Chachee sounds like you guys. Love ya all