Monday, September 27, 2010

jumpropes and rocks

"Hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you about when I found the coolest stuff the other day, right outside our house!"







"I was minding my own business, when there it was right in front of me! A pile of rocks! In the grass! Wow was I excited. (PS sorry ladies, I usually wear a shirt, but mine had been taken off a few minutes earlier because I spilled. You know how it goes.)"






"I showed mommy the cool rocks, because I knew she'd be excited too."






"Then I tried to eat one."






"Mommy told me, "no", so then I gave her a few to try. They really are quite delectable. "






"I ran back and forth a few times, moving rocks all over. It was great!"





"Then I saw my favorite sister, Elora!"






"Hi, Elora! She wanted to help me put the rocks back in a pile, since she and Josh had so carefully created it a few days earlier. "





"Hooray! I love when people want to play with me. What a great day!"



"And now here's Elora, to tell you another story."
..................




"Hello. I am almost five. Don't I look so big?"





"My grandma sent me and Joshua jump ropes. I've always wanted a jump rope! Josh and I wanted to practice right away."





"I can jump pretty good, and every once in a while, I get both feet over the rope!





I don't think Josh jumps very good. And he dragged his around on the ground, and one handle got crunched by the rocking chair later. But he didn't care because he only wants to drag it anyway.





Oh yeah. One time I fell down. The End."

6 comments:

Mellissa said...

That baby of yours is a doll! I don't think my kids know how to jumprope. Melanie might, but she's a gangly thing and I can just see her getting tangled up in the rope.

Anonymous said...

Your children are wonderful story-tellers!

Ruth said...

Your children are beautiful!

KieraAnne said...

My what delightful stories! ;) I like Elora's long wild hair with the braid on the side, she looks like a cool hippy chick. Isabelle would probably like a jump rope, but she's probably hit James with it and vice verse, so they don't get one. Did Elora get Isabelle's letter yet?

julie said...

I love when your kids write posts! They are so darling. I hope Elora has better luck with the jump rope than I did. I mean, I learned eventually, but it was a long, arduous process. :)

tearese said...

missy- thanks, I think he's pretty cute myself. I never was very good at jump roping, as I too was a gangly thing! We'll see if Elora ever learns it.
sarah and ruth-thanks
kiera- yeah, her hair looked a lot nicer in the morning when I did it. Yes, she got the letter, she was pretty excited.
julie-at least you learned!