Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Portrait #3: an amendment

SO.....
I guess this portrait wasn't finished after all.

Shortly before I was going to mail it to my friend, he called to comment on the version I had sent to his email. He loved it (supposedly), but felt her eyes needed to be darker, more hazel than green. I said I'd see what I could do, but really, adding to the eyes isn't going to look as good as doing the right color first. And I really loved the eyes.

First I pulled up the photo on the computer to compare. I originally printed the photo off my computer, and since my printer prints light, I thought that might be the problem. (I would show you just the eyes from the photo, but blogger says the file is corrupted. Go figure.)

To me, my drawing looked pretty close to the photo colors, so I just had to take my friend's word on it. So here is a comparison of what I did.

First, the original eyes:




Then here they are with more brown (but in some ways its almost more green?):




I'm not sure this is what they wanted, but thats the best I can do at this point. Oh, I also added brown to the background, and that part actually does look better:


The End

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

I think the new eyes look nice. Although the first bright green eyes were beautiful, the new eyes seem to be better fitting. Riley's eyes are the same color as the new eyes, and we are always trying to find a way to describe them; they're not brown, or green, or hazel.

tearese said...

missy- I guess they do seem a more realistic color. Elora's eyes are similar as well, and everyone always says she has brown eyes (because Joshua does.) It drives me nuts.