Thursday, May 08, 2008

This week...

Whats been going on this week? Lets see...

This week, we got a surprise visit from my brother (Joshua's twin uncle) and his friend.



This week was a mix of sunny and rainy days.


This week Elora got to play on the playground a whole lot:


This week Joshua slept all night in his crib, three nights in a row!

This week Elora didn't run off (too much) or go into any neighbors houses uninvited.. like she did a few weeks ago.




This week Joshua's fifth tooth finally came in.

This week Elora got to break a pinata with some neighbor kids. The bigger kids were taking all the good candy, but she was polite and shared.


This week I was a bad mom and took some of the good candy out of a greedy first grader's hand and gave it to Elora. I hope his mom wasn't looking.


This week Joseph's work schedule changed because he's on summer break. He has to get up at 3 AM, and has been going to bed much earlier. He's home at weird times, and its been annoying me to death.


This week Joseph checked out four cookbooks from the library, and borrowed two from the neighbor. They're all over the house.



This week Joseph made a crocodile in the sand park behind our apartment. He was disappointed that no one came out to see it while he was building it.



This week I've been going nuts joining way too many flickr groups. I'm trying to decide if I can justify paying for a 'pro' account so I can upload lots more pictures. I was excited when I joined groups about urban nature and industry. Then after I posted my handful of cool pictures, I realized I no longer live somewhere urban or industrial.

And I took this pic to try and pretend I did:



This week I didn't work on the third portrait I'm supposed to be doing for my friend.
This week I worried that I wasn't being nice enough for my family to get me a mothers day present (as I've been stressed about Joseph's weird schedule.) So I'm trying to chill out.
This week I've missed Seattle a bit.
This week wasn't very productive.

19 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I'm not usually very productive. Maybe I should do a post like this...but I guess there wouldn't be much in it....I slept when I should have played with Isabelle...I went to band...the end. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome crocodile--well done, Joseph!!

I love that picture of Joshua and Joseph--beautiful "every day moment" to capture.

How do you like the Flickr groups?

Kara said...

did you make the pinata? I like your "industrial" picture and the one of the playground. (and the one of Joseph and Joshua, but Heidi already mentioned that one!)

Cardine said...

The crocodile is really cool.

Sometimes people just have a bad week, and all you can really do is deal with it or get over it and try to do better today.

I had a bad Sunday last Sunday, and I wasn't the best person, but I can try to be better soon.

tearese said...

kiera-um, yeah.
heidi- I like some more than others. I like feeling like part of a group and displaying my stuff.
kara- no, a neighbor made it.
cardine- I wasn't necessarily saying it was a bad week, it was pretty normal actually. Just sharing.

Mellissa said...

Speaking of the big kids hording all the candy - kudos to you for helping out your three-year-old get her own. It never ceases to amaze at the lack of manners with kids. Ben saw it all the time when he taught at Panguitch High.

As for all the things that you think weren't productive, your baby slept through the night in his own bed - that is a serious accomplishment for both of you! And letting your little girl play at the playground means more to her than any "productive" thing you could come up with to accomplish.

andrea said...

that's impressive!!! i didn't know he could build such a awesome thing. great job joseph!

tearese said...

missy- haha,yeah the kid was going back for like the sixth or seventh time and was getting two handfuls of stuff every time. His mom kept telling him he had enough, but you know how it is.
andrea- I'll tell him you liked it!

kanaboke said...

girl!!! speaking of great pics, I need to get pointers from you...I'm serious!!! I need help! also, my kids thought Martin did the croc; now I'm going to have to correct them and tell them that Elora's Daddy made it. It was SUPER COOL!!

Doreen said...

What an awesome crocodile! Too bad we missed it. Looks like you're all going to have a fun summer, hehe. :p

tearese said...

thanks for stopping by guys! Oh what ever (about the pictures).
Doreen- I saw the house on your blog, I'm so jealous! Good luck.

Alycia said...

I love how did your entire week in review, how fun! That crocodile was amazing and Elora looks so grown up and beautiful as ever. :)

tearese said...

Thanks Alycia! I didn't think I had anything to write about this week, until I downloaded all the pictures from my camera.
I hope you get to see Elora again sometime that would be fun!

Skeller said...

fantastic photos!! and I love the crocodile :-)

Anonymous said...

Great industrialism, there!!

denedu said...

Wow! I'm finding everyone on here! hahahaha This is great! I found your hubby's "blog", too, and will definitely have to try out some of those yummy looking recipes!!! :)

tearese said...

I just want to make an amendment to this post..the first grader really is a nice kid, I promise! I didn't expect people who actually live here to visit my blog, so I though I should clarify!
tirzah-thanks!
skeller- hey, that means a lot coming from you (about the photos).
denedu- thanks for stopping by, I hope you keep up your blog.

julie said...

I like hearing about your week. Since I don't get to see you very regularly, it's nice to get a glimpse into your daily/weekly life.

I also love the crocodile -very cool - and the picture of Joshua and Joseph! Elora is so beautiful, you're going to have your hands full of guys chasing her I bet. :)

tearese said...

thanks Julie...doesn't she look so old with her hair pulled back? Even just comparing the two pictures of her!