Saturday, May 31, 2008

This cartoon is about me.



















We've recently discovered a new cartoon on Saturday mornings, called "Jane and the Dragon". Whats remarkable about this cartoon, is its totally about me. Well, me when I was about 12.
Here are the lyrics to the theme song:

Jane and the Dragon Song Lyrics

There once was a lady in waiting
Let's call her Jane.
That girl wasn't ordinary-

No way for me a lady stuck in waiting
I'd rather battle fire-breathing dragons
I knew I could prove that a girl could be a Knight
Though my friends all laughed at me
but...

I wouldn't be discouraged and trained in secret
Then a dragon pinched the Royal Prince
and everyone was freaking
So I went alone to the dragon's home
to slay the dragon

Hey now, hey now now

Jane and the Dragon are best friends now
Dragon's sweet, he let me save the young Prince
Then the King made me a Knight apprentice

Hey now hey now now...

With Dragon's help I'll be a Knight someday

When I was in middle school, my favorite thing to draw was dragons. Oh, and warrior girls, since I was named after a warrior princess and all. I was enamored with the idea of being in a fantasy novel, and riding dragons.
Then along came this cartoon. Look at these similarities. First, here are some shots from the cartoon:




Okay, and here is a drawing I did of my sister and myself in sixth grade:



Huh? Huh? What do you think? Totally the same. Okay, and here's a dragon I drew in 9th grade:




See? If this cartoon had been on tv circa 1989, I would probably have watched it fanatically. As it is, I still kind of like it for its innovative CGI drawings. And the girl with the red hair.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How uncanny! I love it!

kanaboke said...

Oh my gosh, you weren't lyin'...it IS about you!! Are you sure it isn't a close friend of yours that's created the cartoon...you better go check!! :-)

Mellissa said...

We love Jane and the Dragon! That is funny how it's just like you when you were younger. The similarities are close to copyright laws, eh? You should sue. :)

tearese said...

thanks for your support guys.. I knew I couldn't be the only one to see the similarities! Missy- I trust your judgement because you knew me then!
;)

KieraAnne said...

We already talked about this, but it's TOTALLY you! I think they just gave her green eyes so no one would suspect that it was actually you.... :)

Alycia said...

That's so cool. You're famous!