Those are such cute pictures! Aren't "firsts" fun?!!! I can't wait for Adin's birthday next month. I can't wait to see him dig into his birthday cake! That will be fun! The boys can't wait to take him on his first trip to Disneyland next year, too. hahaha I have to admit...the kid in me is excited about taking him there, too. :)
denedu- I didn't know there was anything you could do in Disney land with a kid that small? Maybe I'll have to look into that!
heidi-thanks, yeh he had fun.
kiera- he did pick at the big cake delicately, trying to pick up the decorative frosting like string. Then he dipped his finger in the frosting a few times and sucked on it. It wasn't until we took the big cake away and gave him his piece to hold that he got messy.
I think watching a baby dig into their first birthday cake is one of my favorite things to watch. It's like, "Mom? You're giving this to ME?" Happy Birthday to your baby boy!
Oh, my dear friend, Tearese....what you have been missing out on!!!! We have been taking the kids to Disneyland (it was easiest to do so when we only lived a few hours away in CA) since their 1st birthdays. We'd try to take them at least once a year if not more. All the rides in Fantasy land are geared toward small children. And they can go on pretty much every ride there except for the few roller coasters that they have. The kids have a blast...and we do, too! I miss it! We usually go through "getawaytoday.com". They always seem to be the cheapest. ( I sound like a travel agent...and all my family and friends tell me I should be one. hahaha) And Jetblue always has the cheapest flights...plus, they have tv's on the back of every seat, so the kids are easily entertained for the 2hr flight. :) You should really look into it! It's the best family vacation spot! Totally family, baby, kid, tween, everyone friendly!!! :) Yah, I know...I should get paid for all the friends I refer there. hahahaha :)
I've only been to Disneyland twice, both were after I was 17 years old. I just pictured taking babies being me sitting with the baby while everyone else got to go on the fun rides. Then having a crying baby through the rest of the day, because they didn't get a nap doesn't sound fun! I hated fantasy land..if I had to spend all the time there, that would suck! But you never know..Joseph's never been to DL, so we might go sometime.
11 comments:
Those are such cute pictures! Aren't "firsts" fun?!!! I can't wait for Adin's birthday next month. I can't wait to see him dig into his birthday cake! That will be fun! The boys can't wait to take him on his first trip to Disneyland next year, too. hahaha I have to admit...the kid in me is excited about taking him there, too. :)
Oh, so cute! It looks like he loooved his cake. :) Happy Birthday, Joshua!
He's soooo messy! Isabelle picked at her cake very delicately as I recall and didn't make much mess. I like his cake, it's very pretty. :)
Looks like he enjoyed his party and his cake especially!! Happy Birthday! What a cutie. adorable
denedu- I didn't know there was anything you could do in Disney land with a kid that small? Maybe I'll have to look into that!
heidi-thanks, yeh he had fun.
kiera- he did pick at the big cake delicately, trying to pick up the decorative frosting like string. Then he dipped his finger in the frosting a few times and sucked on it. It wasn't until we took the big cake away and gave him his piece to hold that he got messy.
rhea-thanks!
I LOVE the progression with the cake. Wonderful photos. Give that boy a birthday hug for me.
I think watching a baby dig into their first birthday cake is one of my favorite things to watch. It's like, "Mom? You're giving this to ME?" Happy Birthday to your baby boy!
Oh, my dear friend, Tearese....what you have been missing out on!!!! We have been taking the kids to Disneyland (it was easiest to do so when we only lived a few hours away in CA) since their 1st birthdays. We'd try to take them at least once a year if not more. All the rides in Fantasy land are geared toward small children. And they can go on pretty much every ride there except for the few roller coasters that they have. The kids have a blast...and we do, too! I miss it! We usually go through "getawaytoday.com". They always seem to be the cheapest. ( I sound like a travel agent...and all my family and friends tell me I should be one. hahaha) And Jetblue always has the cheapest flights...plus, they have tv's on the back of every seat, so the kids are easily entertained for the 2hr flight. :) You should really look into it! It's the best family vacation spot! Totally family, baby, kid, tween, everyone friendly!!! :) Yah, I know...I should get paid for all the friends I refer there. hahahaha :)
I've only been to Disneyland twice, both were after I was 17 years old. I just pictured taking babies being me sitting with the baby while everyone else got to go on the fun rides. Then having a crying baby through the rest of the day, because they didn't get a nap doesn't sound fun!
I hated fantasy land..if I had to spend all the time there, that would suck! But you never know..Joseph's never been to DL, so we might go sometime.
ewwww, what a mess!! but he does look as if he's enjoying himself. Happy Bday to your Joshua :-)
I can't believe it's been a year! (Those portraits are FABULOUS by the way).
Post a Comment