Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blog Awards Galore!

So the title of this post isn't exactly accurate: I haven't received blog awards galore. Only two. But hey, TWO...thats pretty good!
My friend Julie at Mes Bijoux just nominated me for this award:



Yay! Julie is a friend of mine from my hometown; we were acquainted in high school, but didn't become good friends 'till we were in our twenties. I'm so glad I know her.
This meme is attached to the award, so I suppose I'll do it so I can claim it. I know I've done tons of these, so...I hope I don't repeat too much.

7 things I've done before

1. Stood on a downtown Seattle street waiting for the bus at 11:30 at night, and not been scared.
2. Sang Alto in a performing choir. I can only sing Alto if everyone else around me is as well.
3. Got a perfect score of 36 on the reading section on my ACT test. (I've mentioned this before. I'm such a bragger.)
4. Took my first airplane trip at age 23.
5. Talked to a homeless person for almost an hour.
6. Visited The Grand Canyon, Zion Nat'l Park, Yellowstone, Mt. Rainier, and the Redwood Forest multiple times.
7. Sat on Paul Bunyan's foot.

7 things I do now

1. Write a regular blog.
2. Take care of my two children.
3. Watch Dr. Who, Smallville, Heroes, and in the winter, Lost.
4. Take photos of my kids and play with Photoshop.
5. Keep journals for myself and my kids, plus their baby books, plus too many photo albums, and three scrapbooks.
6. Talk to my sister and my mom on the phone about every other day.
7. Make the weekly bulletin and program for church every Sunday.

7 things I want to do

1. Be a more patient mother and wife.
2. Be a better friend, a more social person, more compassionate, less easily offended.
3. Have another cute baby someday to take pictures of.
4. Write and Illustrate a book (but not right now, I'm so not motivated.)
5. Become a more eloquent writer....and regain some of my vocabulary I seem to have lost since birthing children.
6. Become a better photographer.
7. Visit Great Britain for a significant amount of time, as well as visit all the ancient civilizations and art meccas: Italy, France, Greece, etc.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex

1. Positive attitude, happy, friendly.
2. Ambitious..or at least not lazy and unmotivated.
3. Strong convictions without imposing them on others.
4. Intelligence, interested in learning in the world around them: outer space, physical sciences, history, social issues, etc.
5. Compassion for others.
6. Social, but not annoyed with me for not being social. (He can cover for me at parties.)
7. Clever.

7 Favorite Foods (not in order.)

1. Homemade Pizza with pineapple, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, hamburger, and cheese (Joseph's or my mom's recipes.)
2. Chicken Croquets with cream cheese, mushrooms, and spinach (a'la Joseph)
3. Blizzards from Dairy Queen...any kind with fruit, like Strawberry Cheesecake.
4. Teriyaki Chicken with rice from Nasai, (a chain in Seattle) eaten with chopsticks only.
5. Teriyaki Chicken sandwich from Red Robin (with pineapple), with Strawberry Lemonade.
6. Turkey Avocado BLT on a giant crescent roll.
7. Any pie on Thanksgiving: Pumpkin Chiffon, Apple, Chocolate, Lemon Merengue, Cherry, Banana Cream, etc.
I am so hungry right now.

7 things I Say Most Often:

1. Elora, leave Joshua alone! When he cries, it means, "Let go!"
2. Joshua, get out of the toilet!
3. Elora, don't let Joshua in the bathroom while you go potty!
4. Hi, Kiera.
5. No, you can't have cookies (candy, chocolate, treats) for dinner!
6. Elora please sit down and eat your dinner. NOW!
7. Joseph, wake up, you're missing your show. Yes you were sleeping. Yes, you were.

I am supposed to tag some people, but I really don't know who...I've tagged or others have...all the people that spring to mind. Hmm. I know this is lame, but anyone who would like to do this tag, please feel free...I'd love to read about you!

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

Holy cow to your 36 on the reading portion of the ACT! Good job. I'm so glad neither Melanie nor Carter ever ventured to investigate the toilet. Riley, however, will be the one to go where no boy has gone before. Mmmmm....pie. Thank goodness Thanksgiving is this week.

tearese said...

Missy- yeah, but I feel lame because I know a few people in my AP English class who got perfect or almost perfect scores on the entire test. I'm sure some people who read my blog got better than my total score as well.
Yeah, Elora never cared about using teh toilet for anything but ...what its for...at least, not until Joshua introduced her to the idea!
Yay pie!

Kiera said...

Love your fourth thing you say most often. :)!!!!

KieraAnne said...

Mmmm...moms pizza. I should make that...but it's too much work. I like the fourth thing you say most often too. ;)

tearese said...

kiera and kiera- you guys are funny.