Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Like Father Like Son

Ever since Joshua was small, people have been saying he looks like his dad. But I couldn't really see it. To me, his almost-there red hair and his big brown eyes made him a dead ringer for my younger brothers.

Whenever people would note his similarity to his daddy, I was sure they must think that only because of the similar hairlines:



Even when their smiles would seem strikingly similar, I chalked it all up to coincidence and lighting.



But lately, as I've seen more pictures of them together....





Its started to jump out at me. Wow. They DO kind of have the same smile, don't they?



And even when they're serious, there is just something so similar....




about that eyebrow line. And cheeks, nose, and mouth. Hmmm.




What do you think?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely see the similarities in those pictures you posted. Peas in a pod!

Mellissa said...

I have a hard time seeing the similarities between me and/or Ben and my own kids, but I can see it quite easily in other kids and their parents. I do think he looks a lot like your brothers. Maybe because I'm more familiar with your brothers than with Joseph.

tearese said...

jill- yes they are!

missy- yeah, I think part of it is that Joseph and I have similar faces as well...obviously he has a bigger head than me, but our noses, eyes, etc. have the same basic shape. Even in these matching pictures, josh still looks like a baby Thain or Thorin to me too.

Skeller said...

Oooh, I love all these adorable Father-Son photos.
Dead ringers, fer sure :-)

whirligigdaisy said...

I bounced over from Lynne's blog, and I"VE actually been thinking about this a lot lately. I have a new baby and people say the same thing about my two guys (they too have similar hairlines). The photos are beautiful. I see some of his Dad in him, but also something else. Maybe something uniquely him.

KieraAnne said...

I think he looks more like Joseph than like our brothers...except occasionally Thain in that alien pic in mom's hallway. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!

I tagged you!

tearese said...

whirligig- thanks for coming by and commenting! I think parents have the hardest time seeing the similarities sometimes.

skeller- thanks!

kiera- yeah, you've said that before.

tirzah- thanks, I'll go see!

andrea said...

he does look like his dad! it's soooo cute!

Kara said...

I think he definitely looks like Joseph, but he's got some of you too! The hairline does make the similarities to dad a bit more obvious!