Thursday, November 06, 2008

Random Conversations

  • I used the phrase "willy-nilly" in a sentence the other day. Out of nowhere, Joseph confided that if he were a horse, his name would be "Willy-Nilly". Then he neighed jauntily to illustrate his point. I later decided that if I were a horse, my name would be Tertsy Beth and I'd live in the next stall over.
We were made for each other.

  • This week, Elora and I were discussing how Grandma calls her "Sweetheart", and she asked me what it meant. I told her it meant a nice little girl. She said, "But I'm not a nice little girl, I'm a naughty girl!" I laughed and told her she wasn't, she was a nice girl.She shook her head and replied, "But I don't want to be a nice girl, I want to be a naughty girl!"Later that night, I was angry that she'd messed up her blankets that I'd just fixed for bedtime. When I finished expressing how upset I was, Elora said in a shrewd voice, "I'm not such a sweetheart now, am I?"
I dread her teenage years.

  • My sister (who shall remain nameless) and I, were discussing the Disney Cartoon, Mulan, which Elora had been watching that day. Somehow, we got onto the "Hot Cartoon Guy" Shang, the Captain over the troops. We started laughing hysterically as we discussed all the hot cartoon guys on Disney flicks, and I mentioned that when I came to visit we shouldn't talk about it because Joseph would be jealous. Later that day, I was recounting the conversation to Joseph. As I spoke, his face fell and he said plaintively, "You think the cartoon guys are hotter than me!?"
I knew he'd be jealous.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love these posts. :) You guys are so funny.

Mellissa said...

I'm with you on dreading the teenage years! I never thought much about being a horse. Don't husbands get jealous over some of the craziest things. Then again, if Ben and his brothers were discussing hot Disney princesses, I might be jealous.

KieraAnne said...

Thats really funny. Did you tell him about Jason the Rat too? I wonder if Patrick would be jealous...I'll have to ask him and find out. :)

tearese said...

Um, Kiera, the hot Rat's name is Justin. Sheesh, how could you not remember! Actually, I was trying to remember the other one we thought was so funny, thanks for reminding me.
heidi- thanks, I try. Not really.

missy- I could see being jealous over that. Ha! They do have some pretty low cut dresses on all the Disney merchandise.

Kara said...

Okay, these all made me chuckle a little, but the horse one was one of the funniest things I've read for awhile! Tertsy Beth! Ha!

julie said...

Love the horse names! I'll have to think about what mine would be.

Oh dear. You are going to have a handful when she's a teenager! Good luck with that. :)

tearese said...

kara- I can't take credit for the name...it was my mom's nickname for me when I was a kid. I did a post about it a year or so ago.

julie- tell me about it! She's probably a mini me, so I can't complain too much.

kanaboke said...

that line from Elora was CLASSIC! Not such a sweetheart now am i? Where does she come up with these things?? She's so smart!