Friday, December 19, 2008

Our trip

This Sunday morning, we are leaving our house for our big Christmas trip. We're excited to be going through areas where neither of us have been before.




We'll start our trip traveling across the bottom of Wyoming toward Cheyenne, followed by a descent into Colorado right into Denver (spending the first night in Burlington, CO). From there, we will be headed East into Kansas.

(sorry, had to delete the cool picture because I was getting way too many random hits because of it.)



In Kansas there are a few toll roads, where I have no idea how much they will cost...do we have to have change? After our jaunt through Kansas, we turn south again and rush through Oklahoma, at which point I hope to spot Pioneer Woman or her family at whatever gas station we stop at. Its going to happen, I just know it.



We continue south until we reach Kiera's house, just north of the Fort Worth, TX area. I'm sure our kids won't mind the 20 hour trip, right? No crying or anything.

We'll be staying there for a week, after which we have decided to stop by my parents house for New Years. We're excited to try a new route, going West through the deserts of Texas and into Arizona. We then head North through the barren wastes of AZ, on a route I have traveled before but Joseph hasn't (my grandmother lives in Mesa). We continue up into a Southern Utah, skimming through Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.




This bit in AZ and UT I'm a little worried about, because there are NO places to stop, and usually NO other cars. I hope we don't die. And Elora doesn't wet her pants.

Once in Utah, we turn West and head into Hurricane (the city is pronounced "Hurri-CUN" for those who've never lived in Southern UT.) From there its a short jump up I-15 to my parents house, where my three brothers will also be staying. Yay, just another 20 hour drive!
We should be returning home around the 2nd of January.

So, anyway, if you don't here from me before then...thats where we are! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

I wish you good luck and a
no-pants-wetting drive. Have fun chatting with Pioneer Woman!

KieraAnne said...

That desert picture is what it looks like in West Texas and New Mexico too, not just Arizona and Utah..fun, fun! I hope you have fun staying at my house...maybe I'll be there too! :)

kanaboke said...

Best of Luck and Safe Travels!! See you guys when y'all get back! Hopefully the trip won't be toooo stressful :)!!

Skeller said...

Have a wonderful trip and a wonderful Christmas with family, and wave to P-dub for me :-)

Chelle said...

Looks like a grand adventure through the west. Be safe and have a great time!