Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Confessions and Pregnant Stuff

  • This is me at about 20 weeks. We took this photo on a spur-of-the-moment Spring Break trip last week, which I'll blog about later. I loved this wall and metalwork! But my face looked so pale next to it (I wasn't wearing makeup) that I colored in lipstick and eyeshadow in Photoshop. Now its a much better picture...at least for me.


  • I never listen to anything but oldies on the radio. I hear new songs only if I hear them on a kids show or a commercial first. For example:

You're Beautiful,
by James Blunt: I first heard as My Triangle on Sesame Street. Loved it! I still sing the Triangle version all the time. ( You should totally watch this link.)

Hey There Delilah, by the White-Ts. It was on the radio in the car while Joseph drove. It sounded so familiar, and Elora shouted, "Its the 'Letter T' song!" She was right! Now its on my playlist.

100 Years, by Five for Fighting. A song on a credit card commercial that made me cry. Awe.

  • One thing I really hate about pregnancy is how everyone starts a conversation with, "So how are you feeling?!" Seriously. Everyone, even people who would never talk to me normally. And they all use the same sing-song voice. I have to restrain myself from saying, "None of your business," because that would be rude. I'm not sure why it bugs me so much, but it really does. Which is dumb, because I say it to all the other pregnant ladies too.
  • Speaking of pregnancy..remember how I get easily irritated during those nine months? When I was expecting Elora, Joseph and I were helping set up before a church party. I was putting chairs out around a table when an older lady approached me with a disapproving look on her face. In a tone that was more scolding than concerned she remarked, "You really shouldn't be lifting those chairs in your condition."
I don't know why, but I remember feeling so angry. I tersely replied, "I'm fine." I proceeded to grab a whole stack of chairs- about five- and set them up as fast as I could. I then went to cool off in the hallway, where I confided in Joseph that I thought I had pulled a muscle lifting all those chairs. Ha ha.

9 comments:

Mellissa said...

So, how are you feeling? Just kidding!

I think there is some particular thing that really annoys every pregnant person. Don't feel bad - you're definitely not alone in the grouchy-pregnant-woman category. I hated every tiny snippet of random advice. Even if it was good advice, I hated it when they gave it to me. You look really great, by the way.

Anonymous said...

20 weeks?? Then you know what you're having?? Did I miss it or did you not find out??

Fun confessions and beautiful picture! I often wonder how to answer that "How are you feeling" question since my main problem is groin pain and I don't think most people are expecting a response like that... :):)

tearese said...

missy-I guess its not so bad from people with whom I am actually friends,and who really want to know. I just hate it from other people who can't think of anything else to say if you're pregnant.
heidi-no, my appt to find out is next Monday! (the 23rd). I'm hoping for a girl for Elora, but must admit I'm partial to boy babies..I think their clothes are cuter and I don't like bows much. I'll announce it when we know!

julie said...

You look great! Who knew that you could add lipstick and eyeshadow in PhotoShop? Not me! Someday I really need to learn that software.

I love your random confessions. Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!

Cardine said...

So sometimes I guess that I forget that you're pregnant. Not that you're having a baby, but I guess that you would be going through all of the physical traits of pregnancy. It's like, somehow I remember in my mind that you're having a baby, but then I am still surprised that photos of you would be of you pregnant.

Yeah, I am looney. Uh huh.

KieraAnne said...

That's a cool picture. I have that same shirt that mom bought me when I was pregnant with Isabelle, only mines lime green. That's crazy that you're already 20 wks...okay that's all. :)

tearese said...

julie- thanks! We can't wait either.

cardine- no, I know what you mean. I do the same with pregnant friends who live far away,and when I see a picture its like, "Oh yeah."

kiera- Oh yeah, I forgot you had that shirt too. Huh.

kanaboke said...

ooooo Tearese, I love that picture of you!!!! It's gorgeous..and that wall is pretty amazing too!

tearese said...

kanaboke-thanks! I love this picture too..the wall makes it look like a painting.