Monday, March 09, 2009

School Bus Adventure

Something Elora and Josh love to do is take the shuttle bus up our street to the University campus, where daddy goes to school. We usually take a few minutes to visit a friend from Seattle who teaches there now, then we walk around outside for a bit before going back home.

Riding the bus is so cool! Both kids always giggle and laugh the whole way there.




This time, we found a surprise to make our campus visit more interesting. What could it be?




Yay, balloons! Joshie was so excited!



We don't know what they were for (maybe student elections or something?) but there were bunches of balloons staked down all over the area we visited. It made for some great entertainment!


"Hey, lets try to pull them out of the ground! Josh, you do it so I won't get into trouble."




"Awe, mommy says no pulling. Lets just waggle them around and spin..."




"Oh, okay, we can share for a minute."





After the balloon excitement wore off, we walked around a bit, picking up sticks and rocks. Joshua was enjoying the architecture while Elora wandered around trying to get into trouble:




Finally it was time to go home. First, we had to wait at the stop for our bus.



For two toddlers, this wait can seem like a long, long, time.



But its not very long at all ..the bus actually comes with delightful frequency. In fact, I find it incredibly humorous to hear people complain about it, having ridden "real" buses for six years in Seattle...really, there is nothing to complain about here!!




Elora is always sad on the ride home, mostly because she never wants to go home. She'd rather ride the bus all day! We usually sit in the very back so they can see out the windows (all the other seats face inward) but this time we were out of luck on a full bus. Elora was NOT happy about that. Oh well, at least we got to take some cool pictures!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very cool pictures.

Mellissa said...

It looks like your kids had a good time. I love their little biker jackets!

julie said...

I love riding buses, too, so I totally get why your kids enjoy it so much. They look great in their jackets. Boy, Elora sure is pretty! That's going to be fun as she gets older! :) I especially like the picture of your shoes and the last picture.

KieraAnne said...

I like their leather jackets, they look so cool. I like riding buses too, I bet Isabelle would as well if we had any around here.

Kara said...

How fun! My kids would be jealous if they knew. I love the last picutre!

Skeller said...

such a totally great day! my kiddos LOVE the bus, too :-).
neat mirror shot at the end!!

tearese said...

sarah-thanks!

missy-yes, we love their jackets, we always get comments when they wear them.

julie-I always loved riding the bus too, they must get the gene from me.

kiera-thanks, yeah, Isabelle would probably like it.

kara-thanks..yeah, all kids would probably like the bus.

skeller- I want you to know I totally wasn't trying to copy you! We just happened to be sitting close to the mirror and it was the only visible way to take a picture of ourselves!

Nettie said...

You take the most amazing photos! I love the one in the mirror. And what a fun mom you are to take your kids on little excursions like that!

Anonymous said...

I agree--those are great pictures! What a fun activity.

tearese said...

Thanks Nettie...haven't "seen" you for a while!
Heidi-thanks, we had fun!