Saturday, March 07, 2009

Second Series: Portrait #3

This little girl is about a year older than Elora, and she used to live across the street from us! In the photo, her head is at even more of an angle, so I took the liberty of drawing her slightly more upright, so it won't look odd with the sibling portraits. There are those blue eyes again:





Her hair is a pretty blonde with some brown; I decided to use a little purple for the darker parts. Since many of the kids in the last series had blonde hair, I luckily have the perfect light yellow :




I found myself having to make up a lot of the colors and some of the details on her face, as the photo printed out with her face somewhat washed out and pale. Luckily, I still have the other portraits in my possession, and I can compare the colors in the other two to make sure they all go together. She has kind of a funny smile in the picture and I was worried it might not look like her when I finished it, but at this point it is starting to resemble her more.



Her shirt is a paler brown than the previous two, so the richer orange and blue colors don't work for the variations in it. I used a little purple and a few different browns. Her face still seems a little pale in this scan, but the actual picture seems colorful enough to be believable.



Just one more to go!

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Once again, wow! You captured her perfectly. Love it! :o)

tearese said...

Thanks Doreen. After all, yours is the opinion that counts!

Mellissa said...

It really is too much fun watching these portraits come to life. You are great. This one seemed less frustrating than the initial group.