
Last week, Joseph surprised me with a bouquet of colorful roses! He used to get me flowers all the time, but its been quite a while, so it really was a surprise!

It was great because this last week and weekend we got dumped with more snow, and it was nice to have a little taste of spring in our house. I also love the colors- my great grandma who lived by us had about a dozen rose bushes, all different varieties and colors. In the summer, she always had a vase of them on her table.
When Joseph presented these to me, Elora watched the proceedings with excitement. Then she enthusiastically asked, "Are we going to get married now?!"
9 comments:
Oh those are so pretty! They do look just like Grandma Norma's roses too! I wish Patrick would get me flowers. The last time he got me roses was on my birthday when I turned 26 and he got me 26 red roses. I thought they were really nice and moved them with me from room to room in the house during the day so I could look at them. It was awesome.
That was so sweet of him! The flowers are gorgeous - the colors go so nicely together! I hint of Spring really helps when the weather isn't cooperating (doesn't it know that it's Spring???).
Awww how sweet! I thought I saw some flowers in the window today! I love the different colors. You totally deserve them!
Sweet husband. Adorable daughter.
My grandma did the same thing - and I absolutely love the mix of beautiful colors. Happy Spring!
Kiera- I remember when you did that with your flowers, thats funny. Yeah, they're totally like grandmas!
julie-Yes, it was snowy last easter too, darn it!
melanie-thanks! I put them by the window so everyone could be jealous. Just kidding.
Chelle-thanks, you too!
I remember those bushes at your grandparents' house. What a nice husband you have to be thoughtful and get flowers during a yucky snow storm. I love Elora's question!
Ha, ha! I love Elora's thought processes. Thanks for a good story. And those are beautiful photos (of beautiful roses).
How about "Remas" for your son's name? That's my word verification for this comment.
missy- I always forget that you saw all these things from my childhood too..weird.
Sarah-Remas...hey,like Remus Lupin from Harry Potter. Wow, this opens up a whole new category for my nbame poll_ HP names! We could add Albus, Harry, Ron, Remus, Severus, Sirius..I think I'll add that right now!;)
Little girls have romance built in, don't they? I'm so glad boys and girls are so different.
The flowers are truly lovely
Post a Comment