Which do you like?
I generally don't like using the same names from a previous list; new name, new baby. Though some may creep back eventually. There is a poll on names in my sidebar, so be sure to vote on it when you see it!
Jonah- this wasn't on my post of names for Joshua in 2007, but it was actually pretty close to being our choice before he was born. We literally changed it just a week or two before he came. I actually still like it (even though reading the story of Jonah in the bible shows the famous one to be somewhat of a punk) the name sounds good with Elora and Josh. Plus it's the kid from Sleepless in Seattle, a movie that has a soft spot in my heart.

Cedar-I actually like many of the "hippie-type" names listed on the Baby Center website. However, I know Joseph isn't so into the nature vibe as I, but he might agree to this one. Its not too weird, plus its the name of a place I lived, so it has personal meaning. Oh, and Rain is a cool name as well. Or they might be better as middle names.

Blue- Sometime I think it would be cool to have a name that nods to my art background. But most the names of famous artists are too foreign sounding (like Leonardo) or too regular (like David) or just weird (Hieronymus?). I love the idea of naming a kid a color, but it'd have to be a color I liked. I especially like Indigo (for a boy or girl)...I've actually seen it as a girl's name, but I'd be afraid that if I named a boy that, they'd be quoted The Princess Bride (My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die) all the time. Blue is pretty cool. The only downside is there are dogs with this name. But there are dogs named "Max" and "Charlie" too, right?

Jude- You can't go wrong with the Hebrew/ Bible names. This one means praise, plus its in that cool Beatles song! My middle name is from a Beatles song as well, so we'd be passing on a tradition.
August- Hello, August Rush? Awesome movie, and very cool name. I'm sure this name has picked up in popularity since this movie came out a few years ago, but its not that popular. I like that it means more than just the month: its from Ceasar Augustus, and it can mean revered or praised. The only issue is the baby will most likely come in July, not August, and his whole life he'll have to explain that no, he wasn't actually born in August. But that's better than the little girl I heard about named Summer and born in December!
Oh...and if they're fat, they might be teased as "Augustus Gloop". Name that book/movie?
8 comments:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I like Jonah and Jude but I wouldn't want two J name kids in a row, which is why we probably won't use Julianne for our next if it's a girl. I'm not really feeling Blue, but I could see Cedar as a middle name. August is pretty cool too. :)
I don't know, but for some reason, I'm partial to Jude. :)
I can't remember if we were in the same 1st grade class, but there was actually a boy named Blu in there. Without an e. And a girl named Pepper, too. Weird. My nephew's name is Jude and he is cute and crazy. I think you've made very good selections on your boys names, which I think are harder to choose than girl names.
Kiera- good job. Yeah, I think Blue maybe works better as a middle name, but its kinda cool. I like the two J names together, but thats me.
Cardine- Joseph says he does too, maybe its moving up on the list?
Missy- No, I was in Biederman and I think you were in Morrel, right? Ha, Pepper,like one of the girls from the movie Annie. I remembered that was your nephews name (I think I saw it in a comment from Gregg on your blog) after I thought of it. So far thats the only kid I know with that name though!
Darn, KieraAnne beat me to the "guess that show" answer!
I also like Jude and August. I am not into the hippy or art names enough to name my own kids after nature or a color, but find that those type of names grow on me after I know someone with the name. Original boy names are so much harder than girls.
I like Jude. It just sounds really cool.
I like Jude, too! And Jonah. I don't think there's anything wrong with two J names together.
kara- I agree, boy names seem harder. If the name is not normal, and they don't have the personality to support it, its a lot harder on them. But all other names are so common! I could do a whole post about boy naming trends that I loathe, but I can't really because lots of people have kids or relatives with those names!
melanie-thanks! I'm liking it more too.
julie- I like having two j names together. Thanks for your vote!
Post a Comment