
So...we looked on Craigslist, and found a complete twin bed for $25, within a few blocks of where we live! Woo hoo! And it was actually in great shape too, no stains or sunken spots or anything, unlike half the mattresses I always got when I was a kid.
We went to Wal-mart, which was having all kinds of deals on bedding for college students: 'tis the season. Elora got to pick out her own comforter and sheets...okay, mom kind of pointed her toward the blanket I liked, as I wasn't so partial to the magenta and purple giant polka dots I was afraid she'd choose ;) But the sheets were all her doing.

Unfortunately, Elora seems to have developed some disease lately where she is incapable of posing for the camera without making goofy faces, but believe me she's pretty happy with her new stuff.

Meanwhile...Joshua has finally figured out how to get out of the crib, even when its on the lowest mattress setting and the rails are up all the way. I remember my brother always climbing out of his crib to get into my and my sister's beds at night; we'd constantly be trying to push him back up over the side so he'd leave us alone, that annoying toddler!
But Elora actually never climbed out of her crib because she was too afraid of getting hurt, so I was still a bit suprised when one morning Joshua came walking into our room with no help at all. It took a few days for him to realize he could utilize this trick at other times, but now we're in the midst of dealing with his climbing out all the time.
It hasn't been too bad at night, he's only come out once so far. But naptimes are totally messed up. This is especially frustrating because he's always been such a good napper! He used to ask to take naps, and be happy to go to bed at night. Now at nap time, he'll climb out repeatedly before I've even left the room! And yes, we've tried letting him sleep on the toddler bed, but it hasn't helped at all. So we're holding off on that for now, as I don't want him messing up Elora's good sleep habits too!
So this was Josh's nap time yesterday: four in the afternoon, for a half an hour, on the living room floor. Nice.
9 comments:
I didn't remember trying to push Dain back into his crib until you said that, that's pretty funny. I'm glad James hasn't figured out how to climb out yet...although he can't open doors yet either so even if he did get out of his crib he'd be stuck in his room...bothering Isabelle. I like Elora's new big girl bed. Isabelle will be so jealous. ;)
Way cute bed! I'm actually shopping for one for Dallin right now - yikes. He's already climbed out twice! I sure wish he'd waited until he was older.
Those sheets and comforter and really cute. Melanie has one very similar to it. So sorry about the napping thing. It's so hard when they fight it and do fine until four or five in the afternoon rolls around and then all heck breaks loose! Good luck. Maybe he'll figure out that either his crib or the toddler bed is more comfortable.
You both have good taste in bedding designs. :)
I love the new bedding! I'd feel so fancy.
What probably makes Joshua's nap situation even harder is the fact that he used to be so good at it. I hope this phase passes quickly and he goes back to being a great napper! Good luck!
Good for her sleeping in a big girl bed!
keoki destroyed his bed so he got a toddler bed a couple of months ago.
kiera- maybe Isabelle will get all the same stuff, just like their toddler beds!
kati-thats scary! Good luck finding a bed.
missy-I wish, I have a scary feeling that nap time may be over for good...
sarah-thanks ;)
julie-yes, it definitely is an issue; I expected Elora to have nap problems long before he did!
anonymous- um, is that you mom?
andrea- what did he do to his bed?!
It's still weird for me to think about Elora being so old, I remember putting her into her crib and changing her diaper, haha, that was a long time ago. You did a great job picking out cute sheets and a comforter and that's awesome you got a bed for $25!
Post a Comment