
"Hocus pocus, alakazam, let'r rip...and it's disappeared! Thank you very much."

Elora: "Um, Josh, Jonah thinks your trick was dumb, it put him right to sleep!"
Josh: "Nuh uh, he always sleeps, even at our exciting picnic."
Elora: That's true. I know, lets tell everyone what else we did!"

Josh: "Yeah, like the big tree we got to sit in! I smiled so pretty, but you kept making silly faces and ruining the pictures...."

"..so mommy will probably have to print this dumb one where you guys are making the same boring face. Sheesh, Elora!"

Elora: "No, tell them about how we spent an hour throwing pretty rocks in the cold creek. That was pretty cool."

Josh: "Oh yes, I threw some of the biggest rocks ever! "

"I almost hit you in the head a few times because I forgot about watching for people in front of me. It was awesome!"

Elora: "Don't forget about my rocks. I found some pretty good ones, because I was brave enough to walk in the freezing water to look for them."

Elora: "and mine made the biggest splashes of all!"

Josh: "I guess we could mention that mom and dad were there too. Their rocks skipped across the water sometimes, but that wasn't as neat as our big splashes."

Elora: "And Jonah was there. He didn't splash any rocks. He doesn't know anything 'bout what you do on picnics!"

Josh: "I guess we'll have to teach him so he'll be ready for next time!"
5 comments:
How nice of Jonah's big brother and sister to be patient with him while he learns to do important things, such as throwing rocks and making big splashes! You seriously live near some beautiful landscape. How far is the place you went on a picnic from your home? (Did that last sentence make sense? I'm ready for bed - I'm so old!)
I like Elora's hat. Isabelle's is of different material, I think I like Elora's better. ;) But Isabelle's is still cute. It looks like a fun picnic. I wish we went on fun picnics...only not now when it's 500 million degrees outside.
Great story! And I love the one of Josh at the end. :)
Are you guys at Card? If it's the spot I'm thinking... I love that spot!
I love Josh's magic trick at the beginning! That's my kind of magic!
I really like Elora's hat too! I kept wondering if they make one my size. It amazes me how old she's getting!
What a fun picnic!
missy- there are tons of day picnic areas up the canyon from where we live. I think this place was about 15 minutes away.
kiera-Yeah, Elora's hat is cool. I want to see a picture of Isabelles!
sarah-I'm not sure, we just picked the spot randomly, but the name does sound familiar?
julie-he actually says those phrases when he does a magic trick, as does Elora. I think they learned it from their dad. My grandma and mom collaborated on the hat! Hmm, you would look interesting in a hat like that!
Post a Comment