Unfortunately, the pages are bigger than my scanner bed. This resulted in some interesting crops on some of these, but I kind of like them that way. The biggest issue with these scans is that they all have these odd shadowy parts off to one side or the other, because the page didn't lay flat on the scanner. Oh well. I was too lazy to try to take photos.
Some readers know who all of these people are (or you are one of them, hope you don't mind), and I hope you can recognize them! So, without further ado....
(This is the oldest of them...the rest are better! Hey, I was only a sophomore.)
These last three are copies of the originals:
The Psychologist(The scanner acted up on this one, sorry for the weird lines. Nice braces though, huh?)
( I don't know WHAT those giant teeth are about! I did a remake of this portrait, but I don't have a copy of it.)

Oh, and I threw in Elora's first attempt at portraiture. She says this is our family, and I am the purple one at the top. She was very excited at how that one came out, because she was able to draw two lips. We're very proud.







11 comments:
I love how well you captured the expressive eyes in the last one. Great job on all of them!
And I love Elora's first portraiture--great job, Elora! :)
Hey, I recognized them all! :) And Elora's is VERY cute.
Yep. I know who they all are, too.
Wow Elora can draw WAY good...I guess I should encourage Isabelle more. I knew who all those people were...but I wasn't one of them. :(
Those were great. I didn't know them all (I didn't get the first one, or the last three - my memory isn't the greatest) but it was fun to see those faces again....well, most of those faces. I feel really silly asking, but are the last three people from high school I should know? I couldn't remember a psychologist with braces, and the middle blond guy didn't look familiar, but the last guy did.
Did you do all of these in High School? You're my portrait-drawing-hero! :) I especially like "the performer" and "The Musician." Elora's was great too! She captured you perfectly! ;)
heidi- thanks! I love Elora's picture too.
Sarah , cardine, Kiera- glad you recognised them.
Missy- Actually, I don't think you know the ones you didn't recognize- the first was my Soph. English teacher who retired the next year, and the last three are actually Institute teachers at the University (you probably know the last one because you know his son.)
Kara- no, they weren't, sorry. Only the first was actually IN high school. The other bw ones were the year after, and the three color ones were in 99, so three years after graduation. The copies were just kept in the same notebook...guess I shoul've made that clearer!
kara- ps those are my favorites too, I think they turned out really good!
Ha! Blast from the past. Wow.
I had dinner with DGB a couple of months ago at Rusty's. What an extraordinary man. I love that drawing of him actually. I had no idea that "performer" one existed. It's really great. I'm impressed :).
jed- really? I thought I had given you a copy. Huh. Thats cool that you had lunch with DGB, how did that come about? Do you keep in contact?
kara- to clarify- I added the last three pics after I'd written the text, and I forgot to edit it to explain that those were from a different time. Oh well.
I don't think I had a copy of that. I know I had our class one and something else. Perhaps everything is foggy. Cedar City feels like another lifetime most of the time...
Post a Comment