Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summertime..

..when the green is almost gone?

Do you go to the fair?




Ride on a pony?




Or play in the water with the neighbors?




"I'm supposed to throw these at people? I think the grass wants them more."




"Yup, those things popped pretty good!"




"Forget about balloons. Let me adjust this hose for you, ma'am".



I'll smell the fading flowers,


Then kiss them goodbye.

Until next summer.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such nice lighting in your photos. I especially like the one at the top of your blog with the sun glinting (is glinting a word?)

julie said...

I agree - the lighting in your photos is quite lovely. My favorite is the last one - Elora smelling the flowers.

You really do have darling kids.

Mellissa said...

I agree with Sarah and Julie - your lighting is great and could you ask for cuter subjects?!

KieraAnne said...

Summer is still in full swing here...the only fading flowers are fading from being baked just a little too long. ;) Cute pics though.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!!

The photos are so bright and full of life! You really capture each moment and the emotions and joy.

Gorgeous!

Blessings!
Lacy

RazorFamilyFarms.com

tnralvords said...

It looks like you guys have had lots of fun and I am sad that she didn't get to do the second batch of balloons. Maybe we will have to do them again before it gets really cold or next year.

tearese said...

sarah- thanks...you're joking about the 'photo' at the top, right?

julie- thanks, I like that last one too.

missy-awe, thanks

kiera- yeah, I think its just more wishful thinking on my part... though since I posted this the weather has become markedly cooler.

razor- thanks for commenting, I appreciate it!

alvords- yeah, I felt sad for her, but she was ready to go in. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this makes me sad that summer's over... What beautiful pictures. And I've been meaning to tell you I love your header drawing!! You are such a talented artist.

tearese said...

thanks heidi..now I just need to learn to draw pumpkin plant leaves (its been driving me nuts looking at it.)
For me its exciting..I love autumn so much!

Kiera said...

Gorgeous pictures! Especially the second to last, its by far my favorite!!!

Skeller said...

Darling, darling photos!! Divine lighting, beautifully captured :-)

tearese said...

kiera- that is my favorite too.
Thanks Skeller!

Rhea said...

Awww! Love all the children photos. You take great shots. Your kids are just so cute.

Love the new header!