Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Threes Tag

I got this idea from Tirzah.
Thought it was a nice little break....

3 Joys=
  • Creating something and having it turn out just like I wanted, whether it be a photo, a drawing, or maybe a popular blog post that gets lots of comments!
  • Seeing my kids learning new things about the world, or showing me how smart they are, or how funny they can be...so, I guess my kids. On a good day.
  • Reading old journal entries. I haven't done this in forever (probably because my journal hasn't been so interesting as of late). Nothing can improve my mood like reading back on happy days, like my first date with Joseph, documented conversations I had with friends, or fun trips I went on.

3 Fears=
  • Having a child with a major mental illness (A Beautiful Mind freaked me out because Joseph has close family members with that same illness)
  • My husband dying while I'm still young (or a child dying while they're still young) . Or my sister dying because I talk to her almost everyday, and then who would understand me?
  • Driving on a busy freeway alone. Even after living in the Seattle area for six years (and moving back to a much less populated area) I still won't do it.

3 Goals=
I have to have goals? These are gonna sound lame and not too ambitious, but currently they are:
  • Be a more patient and loving mother, and a more patient and loving wife would probably be good too.
  • Teach Joshua as well as I taught Elora, and give both of them more attention. (She knew her colors by 18 months for crying out loud, and could say at least a hundred things by 16 months. I better get cracking!)
  • Learn how to better balance my time with family with time for myself. I am just now, almost five years into marriage, picking up hobbies and interests again apart from my family.

3 Current Obsessions=
  • Photography (as you might suspect). Lately this has been my favorite art form with which to work. I already have ideas for Elora's third birthday pictures, and its three months away! I'm so excited for the leaves to change color...
  • Dr. Who. We Just started watching the newest version of this classic on Sci Fi a month ago. While I'd heard of it I'd never really sat through the show before this. I have since been researching all the back stories and all the characters in the current series online so that I can be caught up. I even watch clips of past episodes on You Tube to better understand what happened. The show is sometimes very corny, but I love it! I am such a nerd. (That would explain my dream that had elements from "Lost", "Star Trek the Next Generation", "The Matrix" and "Dr. Who".)
  • Catalog Clothing. I've mentioned this in several posts. I haven't bought any yet, as we are as poor as church mice right now, but lately I have really wanted to update my wardrobe with some nice things. So right now I just look and dream. And scheme. And check for sales that might coincide with my having money.

Anyone who feels the need is welcome to do this meme tag as well.

6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I watched an episode of Dr. Who on Sunday 'cuz you said you watch it now..it was the one with the "Absorb-a-loff". It was pretty funny, but it was on at like midnight so I don't know if I'd remember to watch it every week.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like these posts and insights into your personality.

Also--you may notice that even with the same amount of input from you, Joshua will develop language at a slower pace than Elora did. That's often typical for boys, so don't let it worry you (unless, of course, you really have a feeling that there's something wrong).

tearese said...

kiera- I haven't seen that one...I really have only seen a handful so far, but the season finales are the best ones.
heidi- oh, I'm not worried. I know boys do most stuff a lot later..plus Elora spoke well very early on. But I do know I don't spend as much time teaching him as I did her, so thats more what I was focusing on.
I've been around several toddler boys that I wondered if they needed help, and all of them ended up taking speech therapy. Joshua isn't like those boys at all, so I'm sure he's fine!

Mellissa said...

I love these posts, too. It's so great to see inside someone's personality, their likes and dislikes. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, there is NOTHING WRONG with having a goal of being a more patient and loving mother. I bet if you asked most moms you know, they would say that is something they also would like to work on. I know I would!

Doreen said...

Tyler didn't get his colors right until he was almost 5. I was getting worried about color blindness (it runs in the family). Kaylee's known colors for who know how long... As Kaylee is getting older, I'm really noticing more and more the developmental differences between boys and girls (and also between older sib/younger sib). Kaylee is really into music and drawing and singing, which the boys never were. She's all girl, even with two older brothers (and a mom who is NOT girly, haha). :p

tearese said...

missy- thanks, its something I really need to work on!
doreen- yeah, I had read many kids don't get colors till they are four or older...I figured thats why people wouldn't believe me when I'd tell them Elora really did know the colors. Thats funny about Kaylee- each one comes with their own personality!