Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween 2008

Every year, I see some awesome Halloween pictures. Cool carved pumpkins on doorsteps, kids running through the street, or posing in their scary costumes surrounded by autumn leaves.
But every year, I do the same thing.

(2006)


I take a picture or two of our costumes, but we're not trick-or-treating.



and we're not outside in the seasonal flora and fauna.


(2007)


Nope, I always do just what my mom did before me.


Take a snapshot in the livingroom after we've gone out....




or more typically, before we go out.


And every time, I vow next year I will remember to take the camera outside! I will capture the beautiful leaves, the setting sun, and the excited kids!


Instead of the solemn faced children that have already crashed


(2008)


from their sugar high.


*note: I have the cutest picture of Elora at two weeks old laying by some pumpkins in 2005. But I'm too lazy to scan it in. Sorry.

9 comments:

Skeller said...

Your kiddos are adorable. And you're going to get a ton of usage from that frilly, girly, wonderful purple skirt, aren't you?!?

Kara said...

You know, there are some years that I'm not even sure if I took pictures... This year, we were outside, but there's not much autumn scenery! Good luck remembering next year! The pics are still cute though!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Elora is really getting your money's worth out of that skirt! That is awesome!

KieraAnne said...

Yeah I do the same thing. That pic of Elora with the wig on is crazy because her face looks exactly like pictures of you when you were little. I don't usually see it that clearly, but something about all of that fake hair really brought it out. :) I'll post pics of my kids costumes...someday.

julie said...

Hey, I think taking any pictures is tons better than not taking any at all! Besides, you have lots of pictures of your kids surrounded by great scenery, so your Halloween pics don't need to be. (Am I helping at all???)

I love the pictures of your kids this year especially! I'm digging Elora's wig and am wondering if I can borrow it sometime!

Mellissa said...

I agree with Julie's statements - some pictures are better than no pictures at all. At least you dressed up. Next year, I want to. Maybe a gypsy or a pirate. Argh!

tearese said...

skeller- thanks..yes, I plan on letting her wear it as much as possible; it was expensive in my opinion!
kara-at least you took pictures, thats good.
tirzah- of course, its all about being thrifty.
kiera- I was a crazy witch, is that what you're saying? Thanks a lot.
julie- I guess your words did give me some consolation ;) The wig is Joseph's, so you'll have to take it up with him!
missy- yeah, that picture is from two years ago, and I wear it almost every year! Except for the years I wear the cloak Joseph is wearing in the picture..its my other costume.

kanaboke said...

wow Tearese, your hair was super long!!

tearese said...

kanaboke- yeah, I think I've cut that much off three times now, two of which went to "Locks of Love". It takes me about three years to grow it from chin length to my lower back.