
skull,

and heart.

Oh, and a lovely (if blurry) foot. On the left.

This baby doesn't like its face photographed. The ultrasound technician (who happened to be male) kept trying to get the baby to turn its head so we could see its face. He kept jabbing me pretty hard with the ultrasound tool thingy- which I could never see a female technician doing- trying to get the baby to look up.
Sure, it was moving around plenty in there, but the more the guy jabbed, the more the baby buried its face into my back..which I can't blame it! The funniest part was right after he had been poking it, the baby kept raising its hand to push away and shake its fist toward the "camera".
For the pictures we did get, I was a little disappointed that they weren't as clear as those we've had for the other two kids.
Oh, and yes, he did see its gender. Lets just say, daddy was very proud (strangely, so was the male technician, he drew lots of arrows pointing at the incriminating evidence on the screen) , and Elora was somewhat disappointed.
At least now she can quote her Hop on Pop book: "Father, Mother, sister, brother; that one is my other brother!"
18 comments:
Fun! Congrats!!!
Congratulations, Tearese - that's exciting news! Any ideas on names.
And I noticed that you are due two weeks before me... fun stuff. :)
Congratulations! Yeah, why is it men are so full of themselves when they find out it's a boy? Even the technician, who had nothing to do with the process, except for jabbing you in the belly (what a moron). Melanie says that boys' brains were accidentally replaced with animal brains and that is why they're so dumb. I'm sure that applies to grown boys, also.
I'm sorry for Elora. If it makes you less worried, Melanie has just as much fun (without so much drama) with her brothers.
Yeah, I don't get the proudness of gender, especially if you already have a boy and a girl. But whatever.
WooHoo for having another baby! And it's a boy! Yay for little... um... Elijah? Wait. What were your other choices last time?
tirzah- thanks!
chelle- yes, everyone in the world that i know is due this summer it seems, most of my neighbors as well as everyone we knew in WA!
missy-thats funny what Melanie said. The technician wasn't that bad, he had an engaging personality..just not very gentle! Glad he wasn't the doctor is all I can say.
cardine- yeah its weird. Joseph's brother is having a boy after having four girls, and he told him he's finally a man. New baby + new names, the slate is always wiped clean from last time becuase I usually don't like them any more then next time around! We only had one on the "list" for a boy,but now that we know for sure, I'll have to add to it!
Congratulations!! Your boys will be the best of friends!
Yay boys! The ability to quote the Hop on Pop book was one of the reasons I think Isabelle would like another boy too...although now that you and everyone else in the world is apparently having a boy maybe we'll hope for a girl. :)
Congrats! I can't wait to hear what your list of potential names - you tend to have awesome names to choose from. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Super Exciting!!! Congrats!
congrats on another boy!
A boy! How fun! I do so love those ultrasounds that allow us to start using those he/she pronouns with our newest little ones...
congrats!
Congrats on the Boy! Boys are fun. Too bad you won't get to use any of your girl names, it was a good list! I'm sure you'll come up with equally good boy names though!
kiera-thanks, I hope so!
kieraanne- you just don't want to copy me again, huh.
julie- yeah, like I said we have one name we kind of like, so unless we come up with a lot more, I might not post about it..its different to have people criticize the one name you like as apposed to a whole list!
melanie, andrea-thanks!
skeller- I agree! Some people say they prefer the surprise, but I figure its still a surprise, just 20 weeks earlier...so you can prepare!
kara-thanks! I hope we can think of some more fun ones. Looks like we're following the boy trend!
Congrats!!! You know I loooove boys!
Congrats, now we're both having boys! It is too bad we don't live closer. I'm sure all of our boys would have fun together!
tnralvord-thanks!
alycia- I know, its funny how close my boys will be to yours and Heidi's they would totally have fun together!
At first I thought you weren't going to tell what the gender was, because of your first line in the post... but you did! THANKS for sharing. I'm excited for you.
If you named your baby what the word verification is for this comment, then your son would be named Cohulen.
Sarah- hmm..Cohulen interesting. My mom suggested "Hubert" maybe I'll put both on the list!
Yeah, the idea was to get people to read the whole post, because if I just put it in the beginning people would skip the rest!
Post a Comment