First off, he woke to balloons everywhere! (Hey, it worked for Elora's birthday.) Then he got his really cool present right after breakfast, so he could play outside while daddy was home. He rode it really well, too!

After lunch, it was time for the cake! Isn't mommy an awesome cake decorator? (Read with a touch of sarcasm.) Note: the presents from mom and dad aren't the nicely wrapped ones in the front. Hey, he doesn't care, right?

We sang happy birthday to the big boy,

And he blew out his candle all by himself, of course.

Then it was time to check out the awesome presents!
Our snake charmer in training:

Cool tools from Grandma and Grandpa:

Whew, this one was tough! (And when he opened it and saw his new sandals, daddy asked if he wanted to try them on. Josh said, "No, put lid back on." I guess shoes aren't quite as cool as toys.)

A metal water bottle so he doesn't have to share with Elora anymore in the car!

And of course, eating the cake was the most exciting part...it was pink! Joshua chose it at the grocery store all by himself.

Hope you had a great day, Joshua!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Joshua! I love the "no, put lid back on." Too funny!
Yay Joshua! Hey your cake decorating is way more elaborate than mine ever is...I think I'm being fancy when I put sprinkles on top. ;) I like his scooter with the personalized license, that's cool.
I love the picture of Josh struggling to take the tape of the top of the box. And then the poor kid learned that there were shoes inside! But hey, there was cake, so who cares? ;)
I want a scooter just like that - except my size, of course! How fun would it be to ride that all over town?!?!
I'm glad Joshua had a fun birthday. The cake looks great, btw. I just slap frosting on and call it good. And there's no way I could free hand stars!
He looks happy!
Hooray for Joshua! Actually, I like your cake decorations. We never really had a decorated cake, so this is miles better than anything I've ever done.
rose- yeah, it was really funny.
kiera- yeah, I thought it was pretty good since we never did it growing up, but compared to some cakes I've seen on blogs where they totally sculpt cars and things, mine isn't that impressive
missy- the funny thing is that there was no tape on that part...he just thought he had to keep tearing the paper in half instead of just pulling it off. He liked the shoes when we tried them at the store; guess they just weren't as exciting for a birthday.
julie-that would be an awesome adult scooter! Way better than those dangerous razors everyone has.
sarah- I think Joseph was off to the side making him laugh in most of the pictures.
cardine- yeah, we didn't either.
Post a Comment