Sunday, June 14, 2009

Princess Elora

"Hi, everybody! It's me, Elora. Did mommy tell you about my new dress? I'm so excited about it.




Grandma got it for me when she was visiting, and its the prettiest thing ever!




"When I wear it, I look just like a princess from my books. Don't you think so?




"I really like the pink ribbon that ties up the front...because pink is Grandma's favorite color, so I like it too!



"I love the pink flowers down the front, and how it is so long and flowing.




"Doesn't it make me look so grown up! Almost like I'm four years old! (Or even five or six!)




"Of course, I can still be a three-year-old when I wear it. Check it out!




"I can still swing on trees with the best of them- and it's long enough that I don't have to wear pants underneath to be modest.




"This dress is also great for spinning...




"and swirling like crazy!




"Whew, that was fun! Anyway, I gotta go do important princess stuff now.




"Talk to you later!"

11 comments:

Ruth said...

Her dress is beautiful! She looks so grown up in it. Just so you know, I am not a crazy person commenting on your blog, we went to school together years ago. Way back to elementary at East, when Emily Chamberlain went there.

Melanie said...

She is so gorgeous!! I love that dress too!

Mellissa said...

The dress is cute, but the girl in the dress is even cuter! Grandmas are really good at spoiling children.

Alycia said...

I always wanted a dress like that when I was a little girl. Elora is so lucky, and looks so pretty! I love those colors together too. :)

Alycia said...

Oh, and great pictures by the way. I love how you made her eyes pop in the close-up. Beautiful!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a beautiful child.

Did I miss your birthday? If so I hope you had a happy. If not, have one. And many more.

julie said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I want a princess dress, too!

She looks darling in it and very much like a princess. Princesses who can swing from trees are the best kind of princess.

tearese said...

Ruth- thanks for stopping by! I saw you and your family at the movies once when we visited a few years ago.

Melanie-thanks, I love it too.

Missy- grandmas are great. If I was a kid she would have told me it cost too much. I think I was more excited about it than Elora was.

Alycia-I love the colors too, they go perfectly together. I could see you in a dress like that.

Lynn- my birthday is next Sunday, but thanks for remembering!

Julie-thats the great thing about having a kid, you can dress them in stuff you might want but would never dare to wear yourself! I agree about tree-swinging princesses.

KieraAnne said...

Oooh what a pretty dress! Does she have little freckles on her nose? That's cute. She does look very grown up in those pictures. Now I'll have to get Isabelle a princess dress so they can be friends. ;)

tearese said...

kiera- yeah, both Elora and Josh have freckles on their noses, its really cute.

Kati said...

Yeah, that dress is adorable! Love it.