Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Joshua's Turn

Oh, hello! I'm Joshua. My mommy said that since Elora got a turn to talk about herself, I could have a turn to talk about me! I am almost sixteen months old, after all.


Sorry about the mess. I was just sitting in the closet reading one of my favorite books about baby words. It's so interesting! So lets see, what have I been doing lately? Hmm. Well, I' ve got lots of new words I've been spouting out, like "mine", "candy", "hot", "cracker", "diaper", "eyes", "teeth", "please", "I crying", and my personal favorite, "bum". Hehehe.

I still love wrestling my sister to the ground by pulling her hair, and think she is the funniest person I've ever seen! But I have to say, my most favorite person these days is my daddy. Here's a picture of us walking together:



"Um, Joshua, I don't want you to put that picture on my blog, its really blurry, okay?"

Oh sorry mom! I just love seeing pictures of daddy!! When he comes home at night, I like to run up and say, "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" and I don't want him to put me down until I go to bed at night. In fact, I'm sorry mommy, but these days I prefer daddy to lay me in my crib.



"Yeah, I noticed. Its okay, buddy. Why don't you tell them about some of your quirks now?"

Oh, you mean like how I always want to sweep and mop the house? That's fun, except now you hide the cleaning stuff from me, just because I knocked that artwork off the wall and broke the glass in the frame ONE time. Sheesh!



"Yeah, sorry kid, no more cleaning for you. How about some of the other weird stuff you do? You know, like how you go around the house finding pieces of hair, and you put each one in you mouth before discarding it? Or if you can't find any lying around, you'll pull some off of mine or Elora's head to eat? That's kind of weird."


Um, I don't know what you're talking about, mom. Lets look at me and daddy again. Yay daddy!!!



"Okay Josh, enough with the blurry pictures! What else has been going on with you lately?"


Hmm. Well, I have four molars all coming in at the same time; that has been pretty trying. I know how to point out my face parts: eyes, teeth, tongue, nose, ears, hair,and some other things like my fingers, tummy, and bum!
Oh yeah, I can play 'ring around the rosies' all by myself! I like to sing it as I spin in a circle and fall down. I can also do all the actions to "Popcorn Popping". Its one of my favorites. I guess I'm getting to be a big boy, huh mom?


"Yes, you're a pretty big boy Josh-o."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That was awesome. Such adorable pictures and witty dialogue. Thanks, Tearese! You are such a handsome big boy, Joshua.

denedu said...

That was too cute!!! Don't you love how they become these little cleaners? Adin loves to run in and get Kaiden's toy vacuum and "help" me vacuum the house. Or the little dust broom and pan in the kitchen. :)

Kiera said...

Cute update! I love that his favorite word is bum! My kids get a kick out of that word too. : )

He looks so much like your hubby.

Mellissa said...

I love how you've captured his personality in this post. Yeah, you're the meanest mom ever for hiding the cleaning supplies after that one teensie accident!

Kara said...

What a cutie! He is getting big. Does he really do that with hair? Kids do the strangest things sometimes!

tearese said...

heidi-thanks!

denelle-yes, Elora used to help too, but now she's not so into it...

kiera-thanks! Everyone says so, but I still think he looks like my brothers more than my husband.

missy-yes, he throws a fit whenever I get them out and he doesn't get to hold them! I still haven't replaced that glass.

kara-yes he does! He used to run his hands through my hair when I nursed, so my theory is that he still associates hair with being comforted. I just hope he doesn't have some weird fetish when he grows up!

Skeller said...

awwwww.... such a darling post about such a darling boy! :-)

KieraAnne said...

Thats pretty funny. That first pic with Joseph in it didn't look blurry to me. ;) I think Isabelle would sometimes do that with hair, but she didn'y go around the house looking for it. I like his red hair...and I think he looks like Joseph....do you think he looks like Dain?

julie said...

It's so nice to get to know you a little better, Joshua. Thanks for taking time out of your cleaning to chat with us a bit. By the way, feel free to bring that mop with you if you ever come for a visit - I won't stop you if you decide my floors need a good cleaning!

Alycia said...

Very cute! Preston has a fetish with hair I think. He still sleeps with his pony and now the hair is turning into one big dreadlock because he loves it so much. By the way, I heart your blog. Check out the details on mine.

tearese said...

skeller- thanks, your boys are pretty cute too...just bigger!

kiera- yeah, that was the best out of all the pictures, there were like five of them. THe light was just too low and they weren't holding still!

julie- I don't know, he might break something at your house too!

alycia- wow, thanks! Yes, I remembered that your son did the same thing with your hair...what funny kids!