Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dumb Arguments part two

You may recall the first instance of a stupid argument I shared on my blog. It seems the majority of the time Joseph and I argue, we are essentially arguing about who is smarter, or who can do things better. It seems we haven't improved on this pattern in the last few months. Take our heated argument last night, for example:

Me:The stupid printer isn't working again; the computer says it can't talk to it.

Him: Well, I have to go to work right now, but I'll fix it when I get home tonight.

Me, indignantly: OR I'll fix it right now. I didn't say I wanted you to fix it, I can do it.

Him, wryly: OR I will hack into the system from work and fix it from work before you fix it.

Me, starting to laugh: While you're doing stacks at the library?

Him: Yup. I'll sneak off in secret and find a computer in some corner and hack into the system.

Me: Okay.

note: I fixed it shortly after he left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, I love these posts! :)

Cardine said...

Yay, you win! j/k

Mellissa said...

I love the way he assumed just because you said it was broken you couldn't fix it. Ben's family drives me crazy in that aspect. Their motto is, "If someone can do it better or faster, then let them do it." It's nice to have help, but if people are constantly doing things for me, I never learn new things.

tearese said...

missy- yeah, I remember learning in an Institute class about marriage, that this is how most men think: If you're telling them a problem, you must want them to fix it. I try to remind myself that he can't help it, its just his gender ;)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is so funny. Maybe because your dialogue is exactly like it was and I could almost hear you. Of course I would get your voices wrong but I'm not letting that bother me. We ALL have dumb arguments, don't we?