Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Variations on a Theme

When we set out to take our pictures the other day, I was certain I wanted a fence sitting shot for Elora's yearly 8x10, which we can admire daily on our living room wall. And we did get some mighty cute fence shots as you've seen.

But then...then...there were all these wonderful standing shots to choose from too! So now I am seriously torn: which should I use?

Speaking of torn...I have to say, this skirt has been remarkably more durable than I would ever expect from its foofy exterior. Elora ran into stickers and thorny plants at least half a dozen times while wearing it. Each time we had to carefully extract her from their painful embrace I expected to find at least a few small tears in her new skirt. Imagine my surprise when her skirt had nary a snag by the end of the day. Very nice.


She had been twirling here- I just wasn't quick enough on the draw to capture it.



Ooo, look at that brooding sky:



I love love love this picture. But its not really a portrait, and she doesn't look very happy. I was a little sloppy with my photoshopping. I might need to tidy it up a bit around the skirt.



If I used this, I think I'd lighten her skin or the background to separate the values or something. What do you think? I love her in this, its just not that exciting of a setting.



This was one of the times she got snagged on a few thorny briars. Oops.
I love the glowing light ..would it be weird to use this shot as her 8x10? Its just so funny to me. And I quite like the composition.



This was near the end of our picture-taking. I think she was tired. Or grumpy. But cute.



What a silly child! I have no idea where she gets it from.



Very thoughtful.



I love the silvery tint here. I know the isolated color in a monochrome background is a bit overdone these days, but you have to admit...it really works with this skirt!


Ug. I just need a bigger house, so I can devote a whole wall to each child.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for this one.

(I hope that linked correctly!)

tearese said...

ooh, clever link. I don't know how to do that. I agree that her personality shines through in that one.

Mellissa said...

They're all cute. I like the one where you thought the background wasn't very interesting and Elora didn't look happy. But, I'm sure you want one where you can see more of her face. I can see why the choice is tough.

Anonymous said...

This is how I do it.

julie said...

I agree with Sarah - she looks really cute and I love the coloring of the photo. Good luck with your decision!

Kara said...

I like the one that sarah linked to, but I also like the "silly child" one. It looks like she's getting a lot of use out of that skirt!

tearese said...

kara- I like that one too. Actually, all of these posts of her skirt were pictures taken on the same day...that day we went up the canyon with my mom.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Those skirts are so fun!