Tuesday, April 14, 2009

24 Weeks Profile


What I've been craving ( dairy, fruit, and too much sweet stuff,!):
Peanut butter with raspberry jam and banana on whole wheat sandwiches
Dannon smoothie drinks: pina colada, strawberry kiwi, peach, etc.
Dannon whips (Key Lime Pie flavor) and thick & creamy yogurts (blackberry), but not the regular consistency yogurt.
Fruit Snacks (Elora doesn't even like these, so yeah, I really get them for me.)
Apples with cheese
Root beer Floats..generous dose of vanilla ice cream, a little root beer.
I just got Strawberry Cream cheese for my raisin bread. I'm so excited!

How I'm Feeling:
Started noticing Braxton Hicks contractions quite often this last week. I don't recall them coming this early before, but I guess its normal for later pregnancies..especially with two toddlers to watch after!
Tired- I always have a lot less energy when pregnant, but it helps to take iron and vitamins.
Hungry-Maybe not as much as before, but I'm always up for a snack.
Irritable-yes, still, but I'm doing better.
Still nervous- many of my neighbors are moving before the baby is born (we live in married student housing) so I'm sad and still not sure who to leave the kids with on the big day.

The kids:
Josh now points at my tummy and says, "Baby in there!" and points at my outie belly button to say, "baby poking!"
Elora says the baby can be named "Toby Strawberry Cookie." She still talks about it everyday, and is fine with it being a boy now.

6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Toby Strawberry Cookie huh? That's nice he can be best friends with my baby: Robot A-da-di-di. The Adadidi part Isabelle is very consisten about too. ;) You like lots of dairy products...maybe you need calcium. Okay that's all.

Chelle said...

Cute picture!

Thanks for your update - perhaps it will help prepare me for what's to come in a couple of weeks. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture!!!!

That is hilarious about he name! I had a Cocka-doodle-do for a while!

Mellissa said...

Although Elora is fine with Toby Strawberry Cookie, I'm not quite sure your little-guy-to-be is going to appreciate that name. :)

You look great, and your hair is getting long. That is a great picture of you and Elora.

tearese said...

Kiera- ha, thats a great name. They'd be the coolest cousins ever!

chelle- yes, its always fun to read someone's experiences who is just a few weeks ahead of you.

tirzah-Oh yeah, I remember the cock a doodle do thing. ha.

missy-I know, I'm trying to decide if I want to cut my hair before the baby is born or just tough it out till it gets long again. My hair grows pretty fast- its just been about a year since I last cut it to my jaw line.

~ej said...

beautiful photo!! and i love kids names for the new baby, they're always so cool :)