Monday, September 15, 2008

Random Thoughts This Week

  • I can't believe they changed the release date for Harry Potter from November '08 to July '09. Must find more trailers to watch online.
  • The girl's portrait I just finished and thought was so great, my client said she looked too old. Should I re-do it? I really thought it was good. I suck.
  • Is it wrong that the first word I taught Elora to spell was "moon", just so she could sound like that guy from Steven King's, The Stand? "M- o-o-n, that spells moon!"
  • Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas? I already have lists of things to get other people, as well as a list of things folks can get me. (The second list is available for anyone interested ;)
  • Can we really drive to Denton, TX in just two days? In the middle of December? While going through Wyoming and Colorado? I think we're going to die.
  • If we do go to Texas, I wonder if we could take a detour in OK, while I look for Pioneer Woman's ranch? I think I know which county she lives in.
  • I should not stalk people.
  • I don't know if I could live in Star Valley, WY. The biggest town has less than 2,00o people, and only one small movie theater. What is Joseph thinking?
  • When they had that tie-dying activity last week for Married Student Housing, I wish I'd made something for myself, and not just for Elora's birthday.
  • I should get Joshua out of the garbage.
  • How many times can I do posts with pictures of my kids before people stop reading my blog?
  • No one is commenting on the last post anymore, so I guess I should publish this.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What funny random thoughts! Are you guys thinking of moving to Wyoming?? I've always thought it sounds beautiful.

Cardine said...

Star Valley is sort of at the beginning of a horrifying boom. The people who live there and live on small wages are getting killed by the out-of-towners who purchase real estate for high prices, which drives up the cost of living for those who are already there.

At least that's what was happening last time I drove through.

About the portrait... I'm sorry. That stinks. Sometimes the things that stick out to you about a person are not the things that stick out to other people about them.

tearese said...

heidi- Wy is one of Joseph's top choices for after he graduates, and he's been told Star Valley is nice.I've been through there before, and my grandparents lived in Lander, WY, so I've been to the state dozens of times. I'm not adverse to some areas, but the nice places are expensive, and the rest of the state is somewhat desolate. We'll see.

cardine-Yeah, I wondered what you knew about it, since you lived in WY that one summer we visited you.
I know, thats what I'm always worried about when I do portraits, especially if I don't know the person in real life. Photos aren't always accurate in portraying how someone looks either, and thats all you have to go off of. They said it was "fine" but the fact that they think she looks to old tells me its not fine. Arg.

KieraAnne said...

That sucks about the portrait. You won't die when you come to Denton...probably. I will be super fun! ;) You should live somewhere cool when he graduates so I can come and visit you. :)

Kara said...

Leonora has recently started noticing the moon. I think of The Stand everytime I tell her it's not the sun, it's the moon. She's a little confused on that point. Living in Wyoming would be an adventure! :)
Don't die on your way to Texas, but if you do, I'll make every effort to come to your funeral.
Sorry about the portrait. Have you posted about this one, or is it a new one?
I'm trying to remember what other random thoughts you had...
Oh, yes, Christmas! You aren't the only one thinking about it. Tupperware just released their "holiday" catalog. There were things that I wanted to get William for his birthday, but didn't, and have now been moved to the Christmas list for him.
And that stinks about Harry Potter. Why do they do that? Do they want a revolt on their hands?

Anonymous said...

I keep a running list of things I want and of things to get others. It makes it so much easier for me to remember when I write it down as it happens.

Kiera said...

Definitely not too early to be thinking about Christmas...I need to start that myself. You are so cute!! I loved these random thoughts. I've had a few of them myself. My personal favorite? How many posts with pictures of your kids until people stop reading. Good question. I wish I new the answer.

tearese said...

kieraanne-okay, I'll make sure I live somewhere you would like.

kara- Thanks for saying you'll come to my funeral, thats comforting! I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about with The Stand.
No, I'll post that portrait soon.

tirzah- I do that to, you end up getting people much better presents that way.

kiera- well obviously no one's stopped reading yours yet, so I have hope!

julie said...

I've been told that it's never too early to think about Christmas shopping. This year I'm actually giving it a try - early Christmas shopping, that it. We'll see how it turns out.

Good luck with the Denton, TX trip. How long of a drive is it?

I must say that, besides Cheyenne, I really have enjoyed my time in WY. However, it's mostly been eastern WY, so I can't say much about Star Valley. I *heart* Guernsey, though you've said you're not very keen on such a small town.

I love reading your blog for lots of reasons, and seeing pics of your kids is one of them. So, I say keep posting them!

Melanie said...

Tearese! You are too funny! I love your random thoughts. It gets me thinking too!

Anonymous said...

I've just had a lot of fun bouncing around from page to page on your site. You're a great writer.

Oh, and an amazing artist! Truly. I love your portraits.

Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Laura-Jane
Whimfield Farm
www.whimfield.com

~ej said...

i love random thoughts...sorry i'm gonna fill your comment boxes today, i'm so behind on my reader!
shame about the portrait, did you have to do it all over??
"moon" is a good first word, one of mine said "spongebob" ;)
and i start thinking about christmas about february :) i even have a countdown on my blog, it's just hidden in an august post and i'll pull it out next month probably ;)

~ej said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tearese said...

wow, thanks for visiting Elena and Laura! I appreciate it.
Oh, and Moon isn't her first word, its just the first word she can spell!