Do you like my artwork? Wish you could own some but don't know if you could afford it or even if you have room for it?
Well folks, wonder no more, your dilemma has been solved. I've recently opened a little "gallery" at zazzle.com where I have made some choice works of art available in a format that would be inexpensive and unobtrusive in any home.
What am I talking about? Magnets, of course. A while back, I purchased some 2" magnets featuring photos of my kids and I love them. So, why not use this same medium for artwork? They are very inexpensive, and you can have some "fine art" (if you can refer to a magnet that way) for your locker, filing cabinet, refrigerator, or any other metal surface you can dream of.
How often can you say you actually know the artist? Now you can! Be the envy of all your friends.
There is a link in my sidebar, or if you scroll to the very bottom of my blog you can see a display without having to leave my blog site. So far, I've only created a handful using some of my favorite pieces, including two versions of my blog header. But I'd be willing to create another out of any artwork you have seen featured on my blog (excluding portraits commissioned by other people of course.)
Also, I am happy to create any other custom item that zazzle offers using my artwork, including mugs, mousepads, or (heaven forbid) a t-shirt. Hey, if you have twelve pieces you like, we could even do a calendar!
I think the coolest available item by far is a pair of SHOES covered with artwork. How awesome is that? But that is definitely a bit more pricey for you frugal types out there.
This is not really about me making money (because really, I would get very little from each sale.) This is more about getting my artwork out there for people to see and enjoy.
From time to time I plan on doing more pieces in the style of my blog header, which I will feature in a blog post and then make available on the zazzle site.
Thanks for your time!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh how fun! Thanks for letting us know!
Awesome. So awesome. I especially like your post title.
Oooh...fancy! You could get me some for Christmas if you wanted. ;) Too bad you can't scan that one you did of me in Egypt, that would be cool...or that three-piece painting you did for your senior show of you...that was awesome too. Okay that's all.
I was scared your post was going to chew me out for something I did! :) Your gallery is a great idea. I really like the black and whites. They're fabulous. My daughter loves to draw, paint, etc. I think she is pretty good, but of course I'm biased. Do you have any suggestions for her or for me to help her along the way. The best I do at art is stick figures and mine are still really boring.
Oooo - that's cool! What great gifts for people! Hmmm. I happen to know a few people that would appreciate something like this.
heidi- yup
cardine- thanks, I thought it was a good attention getter..
kiera- you jerk.
missy-haha. I love the tree pic the best myself, I have it hanging on my wall! As for your daughter, I'd say just keep encouraging her, and let her take art classes in school. Maybe get her something that lets her see other artists, like an artbook or a subscription to an art magazine. But with those you might be careful, they sometimes have nude figure drawing in them.
julie-yes, you should get them...do it now before you forget;)
Post a Comment