Its been interesting to see the differences (and the similarities) in the two of them now that a year has passed.
Then: Elora gave me a goofy fake grin half the times I asked her to smile:
Now: She had fairly natural expressions most of the time, but occasionally she did the goofy fish face:

Then: She was a nature lover, and was particularly interested in all the rocks she could find on the trail:
Now: Still a nature lover, but she was more entranced by the flowers....
... and she preferred to climb on the rocks.

Then: She kept running away while I was trying to take her picture:
Now: She actually asked me to take her picture, and was pretty good at staying put:

Oh, okay, you know she did run around a little bit:

And as for Joshua...well of course he's grown quite a bit since he was four months old!
Then: He was mostly a floppy prop around which Elora could pose:
Now: He can get around fine on his own, thank you very much!

Then: Joshua's main interest was his fist:
Now: Josh loved the grass, the flowers....

.....and everything else!

Its crazy how fast these two are growing! True, Josh kind of looks the same because of the bald head thing, but in personality he's changed in leaps and bounds! And Elora is no longer just cute, she's becoming beautiful in her own right. (But maybe thats just a mother's eye.)

While its somewhat bittersweet to see them grow so fast, I have to admit, I can't wait to see what the next year will hold!

8 comments:
Those are beautiful pictures! I love how photogenic kids can be. Cute!!! :)
It's not just a mother's eye... she's very beautiful. I love before and after pictures - thanks for sharing.
I beg to differ, I don't think your sun glare is stupid. I work hard to achieve that! Your last picture as well, beautiful sunbursts!!!
Those kids of yours are so dang cute! Those dark eyes can melt you right away! Elora looks so grown compared to a year ago. And so does Joshua - the bald head just makes him cuter!
I agree--she's gorgeous. And Joshua is so cute, too. What beautiful pictures!
denedu and sarah- thanks! We had a fun time taking them.
kiera- I like the sunburst in the last one, but in the earlier one I'm not sure I like it right across her face. Its not too bad though.
missy-I know its crazy how much older Elora looks! In my mind she looks the same, but seeing the older pics I was surprised how babyish her face still was.
heidi- thanks for saying so! Your little guy is pretty cute too.
Wow, you are an amazing photographer! Having such darling subjects must make it easier, though. It looks like a fun day!
omg, beautiful photos, love the colours!!! and the one of the two of them, her in the background, him in the front. perfect :)
ps - replied to this on the wrong post, sorry! am trying to do three things at once, bad move apparently :)
Post a Comment