Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Elora explains


Oh, hello there! I'm Elora. You might remember me from such posts as The Saucy Diaries, Oh What do You Do In The Summer Time, and My Funny Little Helper.

My mommy asked if I wouldn't mind coming here to explain myself to you folks. Apparently, I sometimes say stuff that others might not completely understand, and I'd like to clear a few things up.

Like the other day, I was looking in the mirror and wouldn't you know, I discovered I had freckles on my tongue! I was so excited to tell my mom, but she said I was wrong. She told me they were called "taste buds". I thought she was pretty silly to say I had bugs on my tongue, so I was sure to let her know, I don't like BUGS! She obviously didn't know what she was talking about.

Then there is my favorite movie right now, The Little Mermaid. I was talking to my mommy after I watched it for the first time. She saw I was concerned, and asked me what was the matter.
I told her, "Mommy she got her man, but she'll never see her sisters and her daddy or her little fish again!" This was a big deal! But mommy didn't understand, and she laughed at what I said. You understand, don't you? I mean, a man isn't everything, after all. We all need our little fish friends!



My mommy and daddy say I sometimes make up stories about things that happened. Like, I asked daddy if I could have a cookie. Mommy says that he told me, "As soon as I am done with this project, I will get you a cookie." But I think daddy told me "NO!" In his loudest meanest voice, and I told her so. Mommy must not have been listening very good.



And I remember lots of stuff that happened yesterday. Yesterday, we went to Grandma's for Christmas, and we had cake for my birthday. Yesterday I was a baby and still wore diapers like Joshua. Yesterday, we lived in a different house.
I know about lots of stuff we're going to do tomorrow as well. We are going to see my cousin Isabelle for Christmas, tomorrow. We will drive the six hours to Grandma's house tomorrow, and we will go to a parade and get candy too. And we'll go to the zoo. Tomorrow, I will be big like mommy, and Joshie will be big like me.
My mommy told me some of those things from yesterday happened a long time ago, and all that stuff tomorrow won't be fora long time. Does "a long time" mean tomorrow? I think so.



See? Now we understand each other. I'm glad we were able to clear a few things up!

Love, Elora

16 comments:

Cardine said...

Oh, that is so cute! I especially liked the Little Mermaid bit. She is so wise. So wise.

kanaboke said...

Aaaaaaaw, that was SUPER CUTE!! the narrative and pictures fit so well that I could actually here her doing the talkin'!!

Anonymous said...

Elora, you are so smart!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!!! And Little Mermaid is one of my favorites, too, but it still makes me sad. So, I know how you feel, Elora!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

The photos are beautiful and the dialogue is darling. Kids really know how to get to the heart of things. She's right about the Little Mearmaid. Fishy friends are friends indeed.

Mellissa said...

Ben and I always say you can't argue with the logic of kids. Elora has once again proven us right. One day I'll tell you about Carter and the "hot girl."

Anonymous said...

She is getting so huge!

denedu said...

I love her take on yesterday and tomorrow. Kai does the same thing. It's funny how their little minds work. :)

KieraAnne said...

Freckles and bugs on her tongue...lol. She is very smart to figure out all that Ariel is leaving behind to get Eric...did you say that once or something?

tearese said...

cardine- yes, I thought it was very wise.
kanaboke-I've had these pics together just waiting for an idea of what she could be talking about. It worked pretty good!
Sarah- I'll tell her you said so.

Heidi- yes, she loves it..unfortunately we don't own it, we've just been "borrowing" it for a month and a half!

lynne- thanks for stopping by!

missy- yes, please tell me the story!
Tirzah- tell me about it!

denedu- yeah, no matter how often we explain it, time is just not an easy concept for two year olds! (0r older.)
kiera- yeah, I told you about it when it happened. I think she's mostly quoting the sea witch.

Alycia said...

Adorable. She always says the cutest things... and is getting so grown up. I miss her.

Whimsy said...

CUTE!!! And I can't believe how BIG she's getting. She'll be needing her driver's license before long.

julie said...

Your daughter is so darling. I especially love the second picture - her complexion is flawless and she looks amazing! Joseph better start preparing to deal with hordes of boys someday!

tearese said...

alycia-I wish we still lived close to you, Elora adored you as her babysitter!
whimsy-yikes, don't even kid about that!
julie- thanks...tell me about it!

~ej said...

that's fabulous, she's so adorable :) and the today and tomorrow stuff is something i hear from my daughter too (she's nearly 3 1/2), it amuses me so much :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!