Tuesday, July 07, 2009

36 Weeks Profile

I'm thinking this will be the last "pregnancy profile" posted, unless by some freak of nature I go to 40 Weeks. What do you think?
(Not that the baby is a freak of nature.) Remember you can vote on the due date in the sidebar poll.
So, I happened to be exactly 36 weeks on the 4th of July. This is me at the parade (the only picture we have of me that day, and only because I told Joseph to take it.)



Not much new to report..you know swollen ankles from the heat (I always get that the last month) backaches, etc. But really I'm not overly anxious for the baby to be born...
I mean, I told you I'm ornery when I'm pregnant right? Well the first month or two after the baby comes are twice as bad, and the heat is going to triple that. So...let me take this opportunity to apologize to all the neighbors. I'll be nicer in a few months!

7 comments:

Chelle said...

You look great, Tearese. But I can sort of relate on the swelling and heat issues; even though it's not as hot here in WA, it's been much warmer than in a typical summer - lucky me. Maybe there will be a freak snowstorm in August and you can enjoy the new baby without the horrid heat... it could happen.

Mellissa said...

You're almost there. Maybe this time your postpartum moods will be better? You can always hope, right? You look really pretty in this picture. Your hair grows so stinking fast!

The Rashall Family said...

How exciting! Please let me know if I can do anything to help. Those first few months after the baby comes are always hard!

KieraAnne said...

Yay Tearese! If you were me, you'd totally go to 41 wks at least. Wouldn't that be fun? ;) I remember how grumpy you get after you have a baby. I don't want to call you as much just after 'cuz I don't want to bug you while you're trying to nurse or have the phone wake up the baby that just went to sleep or anything like that...but you're right it does seem to get better after a couple of months...just in time for my baby to come and me to get all stressed out and mad. Yay! ;)

tearese said...

chelle- Yes, when I was pregnant with Elora, my ankles got Huge and that was in WA too. But then, we also took a car trip to Eastern WA when I was 8mo along with no air conditioning and 100 degree weather, so that contributed a lot.
A snowstorm would be great! For me at least.

Missy-Yeah, if I remember I think I did do better with Josh than with Elora. When Elora was born (Oct) it was the beginning of rainy season,and Joseph had the car all day so I couldn't go anywhere and no one ever visited me.She also cried a lot more than Josh. This fall Joseph will need the car all day again for Student Teaching and work, but at least this time I have neighbors I know and I can go outside if I want.

Debbie-thanks!

Kiera-hey, you make me sound like a jerk! Oh wait, I said it first I guess.

julie said...

I agree with Missy - you look great! Good luck with the final month (or so) of pregnancy and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be in as good a mood as you want. (Frankly, I think birthing a baby is a pretty good excuse for not feeling peachy - ouch!)

Joseph said...

Looks like you had a great photographer!