Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


Yes, we had the fireworks a day early:








I know, don't you love the basketball hoop? Oh well, at least it gives it some context.

6 comments:

Mellissa said...

It took me a minute to figure out how in the world you already had fireworks pictures up, but then I remembered reading somewhere that your town celebrates it on the 3rd this year. Interesting. Ours was today, and I'll be glad when the fireworks are done and the kids are asleep and then I can go to sleep!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wow, usually fireworks don't photograph so well. Thanks. I missed ours here tonight. I was too tired to drive down to see them. Even too tired to walk outside and see them from a distance.

tearese said...

Missy- I know, our kids have been off schedule all week and its really taking its toll! They weren't very happy in their primary classes, and Elora usually doesn't have issues anymore.
Lynne- we are lucky to live right across the street from where they show the fireworks. Also, I'm lucky to have a camera where I can adjust the shutter speed so its slow enough to catch them!

julie said...

Wow! Those are awesome fireworks pictures! Why did your town decide to have fireworks on the 3rd?

tearese said...

julie- I have no idea, but I guess they do it every year! Someone said its so people can go see the show in SLC on the fourth, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. I don't think I sing in the shower. Do I? I have decided that the baby can come on the 27th. How does that grab you? No real reason. I'm not bust that day or that week for that matter. Love you, MOM