It wasn't a super hot day, only in the low 70's. I thought the weather was great, but Elora and Josh still found it a little too chilly for their liking. Elora consented to venture into the water several times with dad or mom, but was quick to rush back to the safety of her towel.
(This is Joseph's idea of "zooming in" on the camera. And I actually have this cropped closer than the original. Don't tell him...but I erased all the pictures he took of the kids. Shhhh.)

Josh, on the other hand, seems to remember our last trip all too well. When we got to the water, he was clinging to Joseph and didn't want to be set down. Once he was down, he refused to leave the safety of his towel for any reason. He didn't even want to stand up or move for quite a while! It was only the last twenty minutes or so that we got him to stand up and walk around, and even then he insisted on bringing his towel.

The only reason he even stood up was the seagulls. Joseph had been throwing food at them, so several had made their way pretty close to us. Joshua liked throwing little crackers to them.

It takes about an hour to get to the beach from our house, so we would have liked to stay a while to make the trip more worth it. Unfortunately, after about an hour both Elora and Josh wanted to go home! We convinced them to stay for maybe another 25 minutes or so (the time in which Joshua was walking around) but then they were pretty much done. I think its probably because we got a late start leaving our house, and it was about their nap time so they were a bit grumpy.
We did site another whale while we were there, so that was pretty exciting:

Really, when I look at this picture, I can see why that lady at the aquatic center asked if I was having twins. Sheesh!
As we were leaving, Elora proclaimed that maybe we should come some day when it is really sunny (as apposed to this day when there were three clouds in the sky?) Sadly, I'm sure they would have reacted just the same no matter how warm it was. I guess they take too much after their mother, who never liked swimming as a kid either.

At least I got cooled off.
5 comments:
I am so jealous! I would be there everyday!
I'm glad you had a better day and the beach. Maybe next time you go the kids will remember this time and not the previous episode. And you are so not a whale. Hello, there's an entire person growing inside you and they need some room. You look great, and are braver than most pregnant people I know, myself included, because I never would have ventured in the pool when I had a few weeks to go. :)
I want to go swimming...it's too hot here. Plus then I could wear my new maternity swimsuit I got. I don't really like the beach either, so I sympathize with your kids.
ruth- except it would cost quite a lot in gas money to go everyday!
missy- eh, I'm not really that self conscious about pregnancy, I just thought these beach pictures looked overly huge..especially when everyone always says, "You're so small!" Which for some reason really annoys me.
kiera-I wish I had a maternity swimming suit.
What the heck happened to all the comments I used to get?
I had fun at the beach!
Hopefully Joshua and Elora will grow to like it more!
_______
I'm commenting! I'm commenting!
Post a Comment