Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Since I Feel Like Making Some Lists....

I don't know, would you say list-making is kind of like organizing, therefore it could be considered a part of "nesting"- you know, getting your house in order before the baby comes? Because I want to make some lists right now.

Top Ten Best Songs to Sing in the Shower (according to me) :

  • Superstar- The Carpenters
  • Dream a Little Dream- Mama Cass Elliot
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You-Frankie Valli
  • Galileo- Indigo Girls
  • We've Only Just Begun- The Carpenters
  • You're So Vain- Carley Simon
  • Mama Mia-ABBA
  • Close To You- The Carpenters (Okay, anything by the Carpenters)
  • You Were Meant For Me- Jewel
  • Stay- Lisa Loeb
Runner Up-
  • American Pie- Don McClean (because, dang, it's so long!)

Maybe I just like these songs because I can sing the alto part and I know all the words (or at least most)
Which songs are your ultimate shower songs?


Places I Could Possibly Move to in the next year:

  • Boulder, Colorado- heard its beautiful, may be costly though. (Aspen and Telluride sound beautiful, but way too expensive!)
  • Grand Junction, Colorado- close enough to my family, but in a new state.
  • Logan, Utah- good place to live, know my way around, but hard to find teaching a job?
  • Lander, Wyoming-where my grandparents were, has a soft place in my heart, good pay.
  • Star Valley, Wyoming-another of the few pretty places in WY, though maybe too small for my tastes.
  • Oregon coast- okay, it costs way too much to live here, but I think its pretty!
  • Northern California- see previous
  • Flagstaff Arizona- because its not as hot as the rest of Arizona, and it has pine trees.
So, the only other list that's running through my head right now is the "100 ways Joseph most annoys me" but since my judgment may not be fair right now due to pregnancy hormones, I probably shouldn't post that.

10 comments:

Mellissa said...

So will Joseph graduate next year and you'll move to find a teaching job for him? And I think you should post the list anyway. It'd be funny.

tearese said...

missy- yeah, thats the idea. Hopefully there is an opening somewhere we'd like! Nah, as much as I'd like to, I know very well that when you start to give voice to things like that about your spouse it just leads to marital discord..or worse! (I've seen it happen!) So I guess I'll refrain. Or just talk to my sister :)

Ruth said...

What is your husband graduating in to teach? I would love to live near the coast! Good luck with the new baby and job hunting!

KieraAnne said...

I like those songs too...if you moved to Flagstaff then we could visit you every time we go to see mom since we drive through there...but I like Colorado better, but I think it's more expensive. I think it would be funny if you lived in Lander. The houses there cost more than I expected, so I don't know if I'd want to live there. Star Valley is in the middle of nowhere...it would be hard to get to to visit you. Now you've got Carpenters songs in my head.

julie said...

Good lists! I'm excited for you - moving is such an adventure! (Though, I imagine it's a big pain with three kids! Good luck!!!) It will be neat to see where you guys end up going.

Anonymous said...

You can't move... we haven't seen each other in Logan nearly enough... sigh...

And thanks for not posting your grievances against Joseph! I like positive posts! :)

tearese said...

ruth- elementary ed. We lived on the coast already, so at least I won't feel like I'm missing out if we don't make it back.

kiera-yeah, I doubt Star Valley is gonna happen (too remote) but you never know.

julie- now watch, we end up in like Nephi or Salina or something. Blah.

sarah- I know, I always feel bad about it too, because really, we live four blocks from each other? But really our schedules/lives are so different right now...

tearese said...

ps KIera, quit screwing up the results on my poll!!

Cardine said...

I've been trying to think, and I guess that the songs I sing in the shower are the songs that are in my head that day. Usually it's something I listened to the day before. There are some hymns that are more common than others, and I'd say that I break out "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" more often than I should.

I have to say that I root for Joseph to get a job somewhere where it's easier for us to visit each other, but whereever you go, at least we have the internet.

Joseph said...

HEY!

No husband lists allowed!