Sunday, July 19, 2009

Neighbor Girl #2

(FYI, the color is very off in the first two photos of this drawing, so look at the last three for a more accurate picture!)
This drawing should've gone alot faster, since it mostly has the same elements as the one of her sister. Again, the issue was just finding time...with Josh squeezing out tubes of toothpaste every five minutes, it's hard to sit down and finish anything!
This is the younger sister, as you can tell. She was shorter, which means the grass comes up higher on her body and less of her dress is showing in the photo:





She has the same pretty eyes as her sister! You can tell they were standing in about the same spot in the field, but again she was lower down so the nice contrasting brown bits behind her sister weren't behind her head the same way. This was fine, I just had to try harder to have her pale skin stand out against the light background. The big white bow on her head will help!




I like that her hands were in this one (they could've been in the sister's drawing too, but I cropped it closer I guess). The hands help so the grass coming over her dress isn't so distracting from her figure. Here you can see the dress strap on the left of the drawing has all the red in it finished, while the rest of the dress just has the first light layer:




I loved all the colors refelecting in the white of her sleeves, especially the red of the dress. Here the drawing is almost done, I really just need to make the background look more finished, and add a little more color to her face. In the photo, all the grass in front of her is slightly out of focus, which is nice in the photo, though I wasn't quite sure how to accurately portray that in the drawing. I figure this is close enough.



And here is the finished piece! I hope they'll look good together on the wall.

6 comments:

*Katie* said...

They're so perfect!! I keep coming in the other room where they're safely away from little hands to look at them!! THank you, my talented friend, I LOVE THEM!!!

KieraAnne said...

Nice! Is it easier to draw on brown paper than white?

Mellissa said...

That is great as usual. I can only imagine how painstaking it would be to color in a dress like that. (Please don't be angry with me for using a verb like "color" to describe what you do - I just couldn't think of anything else!)

tearese said...

Katie- I love your new blogger name. haha! I'm always scared of little hands ruining them before they're finished..I hope they stay safe till you can hang them. Oh, and thanks again!
kiera-its a yellowish light tan paper actually. Yeah, then the white shows up on it, and you don't have white showing through where you colored and stuff.

missy-nah, "color" is a good word for it!

julie said...

Awesome! I agree with Missy, the work it takes to make the dresses must be so time-intensive. Must take a lot of patience to get the details so right. Very impressive!

Joseph said...

Good thing you had help with the kids a couple of times!

LOL

They turned out great!