Do you know what these names have in common?
Wyatt
Max
Scott
Carter
Cara
Zack
Leif
Toby
Maleah
Some of you have probably figured out that these are the baby names given by my friends and neighbors who have given birth in the last two to three months. Notice only two of these are girls. (And poor Elora will be sad we can't use the name Toby now, like she wanted.)
Now, how about these names:
Cory
Sherry
Kiera
Michelle
Suzie
Shae
Amy
Candace
Yes, these people are all expecting around the same time as me, or within a month or two afterward! And the list would be 5-6 names longer if I were to include November. See, I wasn't lying when I said almost every married woman I know was having a baby ! Okay many of the women I know.
Incidentally, the majority of these people are also expecting boys.
And before you say, "There must be something in the water there", only two thirds of these are actually here where I live, others are friends from where we lived before, or in my sister's case...Texas.
Who knew I was going to be so trendy?
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whoa! That's a LOT of babies! I know of you and my two sister-in-laws who are pregnant and that's about it. I think I'm the only one at church expecting...well I guess my friend's mom told me her other two daughters were pregnant as well, but I don't really "know" them...but of those five people (six including me) I know four are expecting boys, one a girl and the other is too early to tell. Wierd.
You sure do know a lot of pregnant people. I hate the fact that my boy's name, Carter, has become so popular. Seven years ago, it was still fairly uncommon. Dang. Good luck with naming your next little guy.
All the cool kids are having babies :) You are so cute! I can't wait to see your little one! Keep us posted!
kiera- see, I told you!
missy- Yeah, I like the name Carter, but it is becoming super popular these days.
Crystal-at least you got to be one of the coolest ones with a girl!
Post a Comment